Schaeffer rocks!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steffen

made a hpgl layout for my varimustylesslcomp.... it just turned out beautiful. nice engraving, nice colorfill. another good thing is: if you put ALL your panelgraphix into ONE hpgl file the costs going down dramatically...i paid around 25 euro for one panel like this:

http://home.t-online.de/home/micro.wave/schaefferssl.html

unfortunately I made this unit for a friend...so I have to say bye bye now... :-(

steff :green:

Nice work.

Being new to this board I'll have to ask, is this compressor a personal project or is there schem-o and layout stuff around for something like this?

[quote author="RedHouse"]Nice work.

Being new to this board I'll have to ask, is this compressor a personal project or is there schem-o and layout stuff around for something like this?[/quote]

the circuit is based on Jakob´s ssl clone design ( http://www.gyraf.dk/ ,diy projects, ssl compressor) but I made my own PCB design wich includes sidechainfilters +ext. sidechain and a diffrent PSU circuit on 200x150 pcb instead of 160x100mm.

Jakob´s project is ready to go, and we have lot´s of ssl modding threads here...so go 4 it! :)

steff

Very very nice.

That unit oozes authority & dominance...

If people compare it with sex it'll be clear of
which kind that very activity will be...

nah it's got B*hringer written all over it.... :green:

he gave his 3630 steroids... :green:

(where's my drum roll?)

he's going to give it to BigTr** for christmas.. those knobs are really for the timer and detonator settings..

HAR HAR HAR..... ok no crickets even?

damn :roll:

nah it's got B*hringer written all over it....

You mean the knobs ? Hmm, dunno. But if that big meter will be illuminated then I bet it won't be with yellow LEDs,
so that's un-Beh.-like again. Or were those LEDs reserved by Beh. for tube-gimmicks only ?

But serious, is there an opening on top of the meter for some illumination ?
The meter I have here for GR in the SSL-clone (under constr.) has an opening for it, lights it up beautifully.

That nice unit of yours would be really complete when the meter gets some light (and when it really has a working circuit inside :wink: )

:shock: The Man did it again.

Hey Steffen. Let's be friends so you can build one for me. :wink:

I hope you're going to put details on your website.

[quote author="clintrubber"]
nah it's got B*hringer written all over it....

You mean the knobs ? Hmm, dunno. But if that big meter will be illuminated then I bet it won't be with yellow LEDs,
so that's un-Beh.-like again. Or were those LEDs reserved by Beh. for tube-gimmicks only ?

But serious, is there an opening on top of the meter for some illumination ?
The meter I have here for GR in the SSL-clone (under constr.) has an opening for it, lights it up beautifully.

That nice unit of yours would be really complete when the meter gets some light (and when it really has a working circuit inside :wink: )[/quote]

the unit I built for my studio has meter illumination.

vinsssl3mini.jpg

but the "black version" meter unfortunately doesn´t have space to fit some leds or lightbulbs in....

the guts really or are a joke for a big unit like this:

http://home.t-online.de/home/micro.wave/forum/vinssl_folder/vinssslguts.jpg

but as mentioned in the other thread, those big meters and bakelite style knobs simply make it sound warmer :green: :green: :green:

steff

Other unit looks great as well - nice illumination.

Big box, well, if you have the space why not. Together with the big knobs it'll contribute to the control & authority over the signals passing thru... :green:

And I like that big 'u' (mu) but must admit the relation between SSL-comp & 'mu' is not clear to me (sorry, I'll have missed something, haven't read all).

If you happen to like comics, how about a 'mu' as shown here for an eventual third unit ? :wink:

5-nl-v02.jpg

Bye,

Peter

[quote author="clintrubber"]Other unit looks great as well - nice illumination.

Big box, well, if you have the space why not. Together with the big knobs it'll contribute to the control & authority over the signals passing thru... :green:

And I like that big 'u' (mu) but must admit the relation between SSL-comp & 'mu' is not clear to me (sorry, I'll have missed something, haven't read all).

If you happen to like comics, how about a 'mu' as shown here for an eventual third unit ? :wink:

Bye,

Peter[/quote]

hey peter,

this µ is not related to the compressor topology. it´s more kind of my logo (brand? :green: )

see my other units... µ´s everywhere :green: :green:

1276full2.jpg

loresrackfront.jpg

steff

ps yepp the µ on the comic pic looks funky :-D :thumb:

Latest posts

Back