self etch export.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustav

Theres no "software idiot" forum, so Ill ask here.

I shared some projects, and I keep getting mails from people who have a problem with the scaling of the self etch files.

I printed to PDF from eagle with just the mask and printed it on my own printer, and here, the scaling seems perfect, but for others, its not even close.

How do you do it when you share self etch files from Eagle?

Gustav

If you already made sure that your PDF is to scale - the problem could be that some users will have the "fit to page" checkbox tagged when printing. Goes without saying, you don't want to fit to page.

..This problem can also occur when printing from PCB layout program into PDF..

When I do my public layouts, I go a roundabout way - as the only output formats I have are Gerber and HPGL (yes, it's EasyPc from 1991). So I run hpgl files to an old virtual-plotter-app named "PrintGl", output from there to 600dpi .pcx (yup, this is the only pixel-graphics supported), and print the result to Acrobat specifying output size based on the number of H/V pixels.

Jakob E.

Gerber files...

I recall back about a hundred years ago we used to put physical distance marks on artwork labelled in inches so that output could be scaled. Back then it was done with a copy camera but modern artwork could include physical dimension marks.

JR

I always liked the old tonepad projects because they had a ruler printed to the side of the artwork for scaling.

But yeah, Gustav, your people are likely scaling to fit when printing.

Back