Show us your ADM console modules and info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
there seems to be a lot of ADM modules floating around, both Mic channels and EQ modules.
These are highly regarded consoles and circuits, with input and output transformers, their own designed discreet Opamp and inductor based EQ's although there's less info and docs on ADM than other major manufacturers, and some of the info is mostly unreadable.

I would like to invite you all to post pictures and share info of your modules in this thread, and if share your ADM schematics/service docs in the ADM Technical section of this forum:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=45601.msg767879#msg767879
Here are pictures of the 2 modules I own, one mic channel and one EQ.
They have no model number, the mic preamp has the ADM output Transformer "3-010-5197-0", quite common in ADM units.
There's an a round input transformer, don't know the brand or model it's stamped with this numbers "3-010-5944-0 1006 2787"
And it used the ADM 202 discreet opamp
The EQ module looks similar to the 1554 EQ, although it's DBX based and not Inductor based.
I have no info regarding taht these might be from a broadcast console of the mid to late 80s.

If anyone has info on what these models might be, any schematic or layout please let me know.

Z87xVzk.jpg

dX4FYOr.jpg

fYOdYxIt.jpg

Here is the input module without the switches pcb that mounts on top

keVnrxZ.jpg

here is the EQ module

gsapjqr.jpg

ajZBfC9.jpg

48vcN8fm.jpg
The EQ is the later non-inductor type. The earlier EQ's were inductor based.

Those black output transformers look the same as in my Input Channel unit,
my transformer has the following reference stamped into it "3-010-5197-0"

I use two ADM770 Modules as a micpre since 1999. I cut off the fader and use the cue 2 pot as output level control instead.
Also I changed the Input Pad from 60dB to 20 dB (switchable with the Line switch).

Attachments

• DSC00583.JPG
    DSC00583.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1238.JPG
    IMG_1238.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1239.JPG
    IMG_1239.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC00586.JPG
    DSC00586.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
ADM 770 schematics?
mine are usable but not very clear.
are there better ones?

Attachments

• ADM770-general.gif
    ADM770-general.gif
    304.8 KB · Views: 1
  • ADM_770.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Hello,
there seems to be a lot of ADM modules floating around, both Mic channels and EQ modules.
These are highly regarded consoles and circuits, with input and output transformers, their own designed discreet Opamp and inductor based EQ's although there's less info and docs on ADM than other major manufacturers, and some of the info is mostly unreadable.

I would like to invite you all to post pictures and share info of your modules in this thread, and if share your ADM schematics/service docs in the ADM Technical section of this forum:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=45601.msg767879#msg767879
Here are pictures of the 2 modules I own, one mic channel and one EQ.
They have no model number, the mic preamp has the ADM output Transformer "3-010-5197-0", quite common in ADM units.
There's an a round input transformer, don't know the brand or model it's stamped with this numbers "3-010-5944-0 1006 2787"
And it used the ADM 202 discreet opamp
The EQ module looks similar to the 1554 EQ, although it's DBX based and not Inductor based.
I have no info regarding taht these might be from a broadcast console of the mid to late 80s.

If anyone has info on what these models might be, any schematic or layout please let me know.

Z87xVzk.jpg

dX4FYOr.jpg

fYOdYxIt.jpg

Here is the input module without the switches pcb that mounts on top

keVnrxZ.jpg

here is the EQ module

gsapjqr.jpg

ajZBfC9.jpg

48vcN8fm.jpg
I’ve got a pair
ADM 770S on the Right, Straight old 700 modules on the left. Ive got board pics too. I had a bunch more of the skittles era stuff, but it sold on eBay. Likely photos on my old phone.
you don’t have schematics for the 1500 skittles eq’s by any chance?
I’ve had a heck of a time finding anything on them.

I’d really appreciate it. I’m starting to reverse engineer them but a schematic would be really helpful. I’ve haven’t been able to find any info on them except an occasional picture.
It has been awhile since we have had the larger ADM channels strips here - For some reason, I think I remember all of the card edge traces being labeled on the board. Like many repair facilities, we've had much come through and I may be thinking of another brand. If I can't find anything, I can recommend a couple people.

It has been awhile since we have had the larger ADM channels strips here - For some reason, I think I remember all of the card edge traces being labeled on the board. Like many repair facilities, we've had much come through and I may be thinking of another brand. If I can't find anything, I can recommend a couple people.
Any help is appreciated.
I’ve found pinouts and schematics on 1540’s but they’re completely different.
I was hoping the edge connections would be the same.
I haven’t been able to find anything on the 1500’s.
I’ve talked to a lot of people all over the country.
Even Orphan Audio didn’t have anything.
I’ve spent a good amount of time looking for any type of documentation on them or anyone with working knowledge of them.
The card edge traces weren’t labeled on the boards.
Thanks

Back