Show us your ADM console modules and info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use two ADM770 Modules as a micpre since 1999. I cut off the fader and use the cue 2 pot as output level control instead.
Also I changed the Input Pad from 60dB to 20 dB (switchable with the Line switch).
Hi Tinn.
I acquired a pair of adm 1500 skittle eq’s I just racked up.
I’m starting to reverse engineer them to get them up and running.
You wouldn’t have a schematic of the eq section would you. Mine looks almost the same as yours except the transformer layout is different. Looks like the same transformers, just physically located different. I haven’t been able to find any documentation on them. None of the 770 schematics I’ve seen show anything but a very basic block diagram of the eq section.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hello!
I'm working on a redrawing of the ADM770 schematic. This is what Ive achieved so far. I wonder if anyone here can help fill in the missing values...

Attachments

• Schematic 770-41 ver3.pdf
    631.6 KB · Views: 2
Hello!
I'm working on a redrawing of the ADM770 schematic. This is what Ive achieved so far. I wonder if anyone here can help fill in the missing values...
While I applaud your effort and initiative of redrawing this ADM schematic, but -- IF -- you really knew how to design and draw electronic schematics.....you could completely eliminate a whole lot of the "connection line clutter" that is all too apparent within your current schematic. In addition, you also need to clarify how your "ganged" switches are drawn and how your LM301AN's are shown. You can easily enough find a datasheet for the LM301AN so you can input the Pin Numbers. I don't know which schematic program you are using for this, but if you were using the KiCAD PCB and schematic program, the Pin Numbers would automatically be included with the schematic symbol. Get it for FREE here:

https://www.kicad.org/download/

I once worked at a recording studio in Indianapolis, IN back in the early '70s that had an ADM console. I can remember that it was mechanically designed and built in rather unusual ways.

NOTE: I'm someone who has been designing and drawing schematics for 40+ years for aerospace/avionics companies, defense contractors, industrial controls outfits, medical electronics firms, NASA, R&D laboratories and lots of large telecommunications and video electronics corporations. So, yeah.....I have a handle on how schematics should look!!!

/

While I applaud your effort and initiative of redrawing this ADM schematic, but -- IF -- you really knew how to design and draw electronic schematics.....you could completely eliminate a whole lot of the "connection line clutter" that is all too apparent within your current schematic. In addition, you also need to clarify how your "ganged" switches are drawn and how your LM301AN's are shown. You can easily enough find a datasheet for the LM301AN so you can input the Pin Numbers. I don't know which schematic program you are using for this, but if you were using the KiCAD PCB and schematic program, the Pin Numbers would automatically be included with the schematic symbol. Get it for FREE here:

https://www.kicad.org/download/

I once worked at a recording studio in Indianapolis, IN back in the early '70s that had an ADM console. I can remember that it was mechanically designed and built in rather unusual ways.

NOTE: I'm someone who has been designing and drawing schematics for 40+ years for aerospace/avionics companies, defense contractors, industrial controls outfits, medical electronics firms, NASA, R&D laboratories and lots of large telecommunications and video electronics corporations. So, yeah.....I have a handle on how schematics should look!!!

/
Hello and thank you for commenting. I am not skilled in this dept. I went on Fiverr and found someone to redraw the original schematic. I am shooting in the dark in some ways here. I have 4 channels at a tech shop in the process of being racked, but they are struggling to make sense of the shoddy schematic that is available. Hence my efforts to get a clear schematic. Might you be of service to me in helping redraw this schematic in such a way that it is most useful? Worth asking!
I will at least ask the fella who drew this if he used KiCAD and see if we can't get some PIN numbers included. Thanks much for that direction.

Hello and thank you for commenting. I am not skilled in this dept. I went on Fiverr and found someone to redraw the original schematic. I am shooting in the dark in some ways here. I have 4 channels at a tech shop in the process of being racked, but they are struggling to make sense of the shoddy schematic that is available. Hence my efforts to get a clear schematic. Might you be of service to me in helping redraw this schematic in such a way that it is most useful? Worth asking!
I will at least ask the fella who drew this if he used KiCAD and see if we can't get some PIN numbers included. Thanks much for that direction.
[I will at least ask the fella who drew this if he used KiCAD] -- I certainly do not wish to come across as being mean or derogatory, but.....if your "Fiverr" person has used KiCAD to draw the schematic that you have posted, it clearly shows to me that "Fiverr" doesn't know -- HOW -- to either properly draw a schematic -- OR -- correctly use KiCAD!!! All of the required information necessary, AND MORE!!!.....is already within the KiCAD symbols. In other words, do you actually believe that the team of engineers and scientists who are behind "The Large Hadron Collider" project over there in Europe wouldn't think of including the pin-numbers of devices in their schematic program??? C'mon, NOW!!!

In case you haven't heard of or don't know about "The Large Hadron Collider" project, here's this:

https://home.cern/science/accelerators/large-hadron-collider

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world’s largest and most powerful particle accelerator. It first started up on 10 September 2008, and remains the latest addition to CERN’s accelerator complex. The LHC consists of a 27-kilometre ring of superconducting magnets with a number of accelerating structures to boost the energy of the particles along the way.
Inside the accelerator, two high-energy particle beams travel at close to the speed of light before they are made to collide. The beams travel in opposite directions in separate beam pipes – two tubes kept at ultrahigh vacuum. They are guided around the accelerator ring by a strong magnetic field maintained by superconducting electromagnets. The electromagnets are built from coils of special electric cable that operates in a superconducting state, efficiently conducting electricity without resistance or loss of energy. This requires chilling the magnets to ‑271.3°C – a temperature colder than outer space. For this reason, much of the accelerator is connected to a distribution system of liquid helium, which cools the magnets, as well as to other supply services.
1708114766587.png
1708114931595.png

[Might you be of service to me in helping redraw this schematic?] -- Right at the moment, I am kind of backlogged with several other projects, but I could possibly redraw your schematic is sections or stages at-a-time. I would need your original schematic, however, because I wouldn't want to trust the one you have already posted. Let me see what you are working with and maybe I can try to fit it in a little bit here and there, OK???

/

[I will at least ask the fella who drew this if he used KiCAD] -- I certainly do not wish to come across as being mean or derogatory, but.....if your "Fiverr" person has used KiCAD to draw the schematic that you have posted, it clearly shows to me that "Fiverr" doesn't know -- HOW -- to either properly draw a schematic -- OR -- correctly use KiCAD!!! All of the required information necessary, AND MORE!!!.....is already within the KiCAD symbols. In other words, do you actually believe that the team of engineers and scientists who are behind "The Large Hadron Collider" project over there in Europe wouldn't think of including the pin-numbers of devices in their schematic program??? C'mon, NOW!!!

In case you haven't heard of or don't know about "The Large Hadron Collider" project, here's this:

https://home.cern/science/accelerators/large-hadron-collider

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world’s largest and most powerful particle accelerator. It first started up on 10 September 2008, and remains the latest addition to CERN’s accelerator complex. The LHC consists of a 27-kilometre ring of superconducting magnets with a number of accelerating structures to boost the energy of the particles along the way.
Inside the accelerator, two high-energy particle beams travel at close to the speed of light before they are made to collide. The beams travel in opposite directions in separate beam pipes – two tubes kept at ultrahigh vacuum. They are guided around the accelerator ring by a strong magnetic field maintained by superconducting electromagnets. The electromagnets are built from coils of special electric cable that operates in a superconducting state, efficiently conducting electricity without resistance or loss of energy. This requires chilling the magnets to ‑271.3°C – a temperature colder than outer space. For this reason, much of the accelerator is connected to a distribution system of liquid helium, which cools the magnets, as well as to other supply services.
View attachment 122536
View attachment 122537

[Might you be of service to me in helping redraw this schematic?] -- Right at the moment, I am kind of backlogged with several other projects, but I could possibly redraw your schematic is sections or stages at-a-time. I would need your original schematic, however, because I wouldn't want to trust the one you have already posted. Let me see what you are working with and maybe I can try to fit it in a little bit here and there, OK???

/
HA! Yes, I am familiar with the Hadron Collider. Totally fascinating. My father is/was a physicist and shared what he could but I ended up pursuing music exclusively. I am out of my league in this group for sure. Hoping to get this project settled! I have the original schematic, I'll attach. If you have a moment, please do give a look. This is the schematic that has been going around for years. Many people are looking for a better option. I was hoping to provide this both for myself and others too. I think the redraw I have is a decent start at least. But...it's missing 80% of the values.

Attachments

• ADM-770_sch1.png
    ADM-770_sch1.png
    678.8 KB · Views: 2
HA! Yes, I am familiar with the Hadron Collider. Totally fascinating. My father is/was a physicist and shared what he could but I ended up pursuing music exclusively. I am out of my league in this group for sure. Hoping to get this project settled! I have the original schematic, I'll attach. If you have a moment, please do give a look. This is the schematic that has been going around for years. Many people are looking for a better option. I was hoping to provide this both for myself and others too. I think the redraw I have is a decent start at least. But...it's missing 80% of the values.
[This is the schematic that has been going around for years] -- GEEZ!!! -- Reading that schematic and trying to make any sense out of it is certainly going to finish off these 75-year old eyes!!! I have an ultra-high-resolution 34" curved monitor for all of my CAD-design work and even it couldn't make much sense out of that original schematic!!!

Without being able to decipher what the values are within this schematic, there almost isn't any value in attempting to recreate it, other than coming up with a schematic diagram that an electronics engineer could easily review so -- THEY -- could go through the process of calculating what the values probably are. Doing that is way above my paygrade!!!

Are -- YOU SURE -- that there isn't something a bit better than what this schematic is??? MAN!!!..... -- THAT HURT!!!

/

Last edited:
[This is the schematic that has been going around for years] -- GEEZ!!! -- Reading that schematic and trying to make any sense out of it is certainly going to finish off these 75-year old eyes!!! I have an ultra-high-resolution 34" curved monitor for all of my CAD-design work and even it couldn't make much sense out of that original schematic!!!

Without being able to decipher what the values are within this schematic, there almost isn't any value in attempting to recreate it, other than coming up with a schematic diagram that an electronics engineer could easily review so -- THEY -- could go through the process of calculating what the values probably are. Doing that is way above my paygrade!!!

Are -- YOU SURE -- that there isn't something a bit better than what this schematic is??? MAN!!!..... -- THAT HURT!!!

/
I know I know, this is it! And years of complaining about it can be found in every thread. I have a couple hand drawn pin outs people have done which is helping. I was hoping to find someone here who is familiar with this unit and has experience enough to help fill in missing values. But yes, the Schematic is almost useless. From what I can see, however, the redrawing at least is step in the right direction. It seems to all be correct.

I did see, by the way, that my Fiverr guy "Ian" was using KiCad. I sent him your comment about how pin numbers could automatically be found. I'll see where it leads. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back