SM204 transformer (V2545)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will these fit the Chunger C12 chassis? I currently use Haufe T-14‘s with Tim C’s capsules. If they fit I would take 2 as I use your transformers in my U67 clones and couldn’t be happier.

Any idea roughly what the cost of these units will be ?
That's the good question. I checked the Nickel prices today and it seems that it went more than 100% up ! It will affect the price of the laminations seriously, because this type of transformers are using 78-80% nickel alloy. Also, toolmakers reported the price up's :( Let me check all the details first, but my estimations is that if we are looking for 50 pieces batch, the price will be between 80-100EUR piece. Of course, I talk about the price to cover 50% of my initial expenses without any profit on my side. I'm OK with that (to work free) but please don't expect the prices as they was few years ago. We all know why this s..t is happening :(

That's the good question. I checked the Nickel prices today and it seems that it went more than 100% up ! It will affect the price of the laminations seriously, because this type of transformers are using 78-80% nickel alloy. Also, toolmakers reported the price up's :( Let me check all the details first, but my estimations is that if we are looking for 50 pieces batch, the price will be between 80-100EUR piece. Of course, I talk about the price to cover 50% of my initial expenses without any profit on my side. I'm OK with that (to work free) but please don't expect the prices as they was few years ago. We all know why this s..t is happening :(

Definitely understood. And the higher price doesn’t change anything from my perspective—I’m just grateful someone is endeavoring to make this transformer, and that @Vac11 would be willing to organize the group buy.

hopefully we can find a way for him to make it worth his while as well.

Im trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together ,
Vac and Moby ,
you guys pals , business associates ?
PRR nailed it a good few years ago , the art of fine wire coil winding was dying , its alive now.

Im trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together ,
Vac and Moby ,
you guys pals , business associates ?
PRR nailed it a good few years ago , the art of fine wire coil winding was dying , its alive now.
No, unfortunatelly. Vac11 innitiated the T14/1 first batch and did the great logistics here, withouth any profite. He helped me a lot because I was struggling with toolmakers, winding, purchasing the material and evaluating the bastards. Later production continuied under the "Mobytransformers" and VAC11 has no any connection with it. he is CEO of his "VAMI sound" and he is doing really nice microphones under that name. Here we fight for the pure enthusiasm :)

I got a Shenzen cnc winder a few years back ,apart from a few plain wound ht chokes I havent made much use of it .
I have have access locally to magnet wire and the various insulations like nomex tapes and wrappings of various sorts . Lams I couldnt really get in small enough quantity, even standard pig iron , things like nickel core are more or less nonobtainium to me . Its been a rocky enough road the last couple of years for all of us but im hoping to be getting back to more projects again in the near future once I drop anchor . I think I more or less have a basis for a tube mic design , from easily available components and only using hand tooling, good options available now in terms of transformers too.

Hello, I can organize the preorder. Of course it depeands on interest.

Its time consuming but its doable....

M.
That's so awesome. Thanks for being so generous with your time. I'm already ordering parts in hopes that there will be enough interest to get this off the ground.

Yesssss!

In for 2 when it comes 'round.

Just received a pair of Campbell Transmitter capsules in the mail today, so I'll be ready.

The ratio is slightly different from what I’ve gathered, and I can’t speak for the mechanical considerations, but from a functional standpoint it should just drop right in (unless my understanding is incorrect)

Last edited:
Back