Small la2a transformer challenge

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you give us the models numbers on the Sowters and Lundahl input or wouuld that give it away?

Kris, they are using the 7903 Lundahl "Input: transformer on the output, if that is any help.

UTCs are HA-100X for the input, A-24 for the output.

Sowters are er... um... the ones Sowter recommend for the LA-2a. (4383 input, 8940 output, I believe)

Lundahl are 1922 input (A-10 equivalent according to the spec sheet) and 7903 for the output.

Keith

1922 was what I quoted the spec on...I looked at the photo on the first post and tried to figure out the number written on the input XFMR, it started with a 19 and I figured it was a line in...Lundahl only makes one that fits the bill, the 1922.

SSLTech, can you tell us if the tests were done at unity gain and varying the input level, or were they done by varying the output level. Its useful for figureing out if the input or output was saturating.

Cheers,

Kris

[quote author="CJ"]OK, alright. I could spend another day here, but I am going with
A-UTC
B-Lundahl
C-Sowter[/quote]

we have a winner!

soo how did you come to your conclusion?

Damn, CJ!!!

You know, Scenaria and I were talking this over, there are only six possible permutations of the three brands... and everyone had picked the other five!!!

Okay, nobody answered the other (original) question:

Which would you rather have?

I'm going to start a seperate thread, with a poll.

Keef

Latest posts

Back