• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD - Custom tube preamp pedal / DI - Fender AB763 handwired

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockprocess

Here's a custom all tube preamp in the form of a large pedal. Its basically the normal channel from a blackface Fender in a box. It can be used as a tube preamp and EQ pedal and it makes an incredible bass or keyboard DI with its additional transformer balanced XLR output. Both the 1/4 inch and XLR outputs works at the same time so it can be used as a pedal and DI at the same time. Handwired on turret board, its built to last and easy to maintain. Its currently loaded with a fantastic GE 5751 but can be used with any 12A_7 variant. It works perfectly and is very quiet. No strange noises or hum. (Ibanez pedal not included but showed for size comparison purposes)

I've also used it as an actual amp driving a power amp for both guitar and bass. Its just a useful box to have around. $350 shipped.

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/rockprocess/slideshow/Tube%20preamp

The power transformer is only for120v ac.

Also, the output transformer was made by our very own transformer guru CJ.

Glad you like it!  Nope I built it from scratch.  CJ helped me with the output transformer specs.  I etched the front plate myself.  Enjoy!!!

Also, the schematic is very similar to the alembic f2b, which is classic fender.  It's got a truebypass and parallel outputs, transformer balanced low impedance and unbalanced high impedance.

Back