Solder - Kester vs generic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the tin/lead stuff is still produced or in inventories in large numbers. I think the rules are that it is not to be used for new commercial production in consumer electronics. Perfectly fine for repairs and private projects. Also, all of our projects combined here over the course of a year do not add up to what is used by say... iPhone production in a day. We would not even be on Big Brothers Radar, unless you are trying to get CE or UL listing etc.

Honestly this is the stuff to get : Alph Fluitin 1532 SAC307 - ALL the other LeadFree stuff, I have tried is Crap !!!

Never tried anything better - and I have solder quite a bit over the last 45 years - including being in production and repair.

That said - two things ; You need to have the Temperature a bit higher than the old Lead/Tin Solder + if you really insist on Sn/Pb, then for God sake get the Sn62/Pb36/Ag2, as it is miles better than the plain Sn60/Pb40 stuff - that bit of Silver really makes a Huge difference ....

Per

Back