Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so it turns out IOSS can't be used for orders over 150EUR, so even though I registered for it, since the total is usually over 150 euro after shipping, it doesn't do much unless you're buying 1 flat k47. While I figure this out, I added a DDP UPS option for customers in the EU. If you choose UPS, You can now choose to pre-pay the shipping, average VAT, and the annoying $20 brokerage fee they blindside you with on delivery. It doesn't decrease the cost, but it does make it entirely upfront. I am working on a low-cost DDP option.

It sets your currency based on location now, too. In a bit, I'll add a VAT calculator so that you can break down the costs a bit more

Last edited:
I Belgium, (and i guess in the Netherlands too based on Ruud's comment) postal service charges a €37 fee if not using the IOSS service like ali or ebay. And on top of that the VAT, and if higher than €150 worth of product also some import tax as well.
Here in Czech republic postal service fee is 13Euro. Plus you have to pay 21% VAT from item total price. Those fees drive me crazy, lol. IOSS would be great!! (even if only for one piece of flat k47)

hiring someone to ship these for me so that I can clear the time to work on my microphones. hopefully once we get up and running there should be no more shipping delays ever. we have a lot going on on our end re: ongoing developments. I'll post a business roadmap later this month.
so does this mean you will also release microphone models?

currently planning a full product and brand relaunch. i launched all this with no real plan because the flat 47 kicked off and it just kind of ran off on its own, so i want to "take the reins" a bit more. i am deciding what to sell and what to kit with what. if i were to sell complete m7 mounts at $25, who would buy one?

Last edited:
currently planning a full product and brand relaunch. i launched all this with no real plan because the flat 47 kicked off and it just kind of ran off on its own, so i want to "take the reins" a bit more. i am deciding what to sell and what to kit with what. if i were to sell complete m7 mounts at $25, who would buy one?
Aside from the Chinese ones, most M7 vendors are supplying them for $50-60 USD, so I think $25 is pretty cheap.

So stoked, just finished an m49 with Soliloqueen's flat47 capsule. To compensate for the darker linearity of the flat47, my friend suggested leaving out the 560pf anode to ground capacitor, so I did. Seems like this circuit works great with this capsule like that! I also used a Moby bv.11 transformer and a Superpup n.o.s. output capacitor. I also swapped out the tube for something different than normal, and am still waiting for it to burn in fully, but I think it will be a winner when it settles in! Little noisy right now. But since this thread is about the capsule, thought I'd share this clip so you can hear it. I only play saxophone so you have to put up with that, but I'm very happy with the m49 circuit and capsule combo so far!

Matt

Nice! Tried site Arienne but seems that's not working, how can i buy a K47 capsule from Soliloqueen? Thanks

We just got our next box of stock in. I've got a few things to say:

I want to take a minute or two to walk you through some changes happening over the next couple of months. This business took off quickly with the unexpected success of a test product (The Flat K47). Immediately after, I took on a commissioned project from an investor (the K87). I never really had the chance to sit down and decide how I wanted to run a business, what kind of products I wanted to offer, the process by which I wanted to accomplish these things, etc. I’ve made a lot of compromises that I’m not comfortable with making long-term. With that in mind, Arienne Audio will be soft-relaunching over the next 2 or so months with:
  • A revamped product line.
As I’m no longer beholden to anyone else financially and my business is self-sustaining (so far, at least…) I now have absolute control over the products I offer. This is big news. Now I can optimize where I want and perhaps do some things that were “not worth it” or “too expensive” before. There will be a few "V2s" of existing products. I also plan to expand outwards into more DIY gear, becoming more of a “one-stop-shop” with microphone bodies and stuff too (and bundle deals!)
  • Faster shipping and better order support
I’ve hired an actual logistics team to handle my orders. Same-day shipping will again become the norm with the arrival of this next box of stock, and at greatly discounted prices ($25 negotiated Fedex IP shipping basically anywhere on Earth). Shipping to the UK and EU will also be DDP and seamless, with in-cart VAT calculation. No more being surprised by customs and brokerage fees when the package is delivered. We also have an automated returns hub now, so if you run into an issue, your product replacement happens immediately after RMA approval.
  • Microphones
Selling DIY stuff is a lot of fun, but I’m also really interested in designing and manufacturing my own boutique microphones with a big focus on ergonomics, accessibility, and acoustics. I am currently converting my office into a workshop for this purpose.

If you’ve got any questions or suggestions, I’d love to hear them! Thanks a ton for your continued support.

Ari

P.S. Here's the Flat K47 v2 set that everyone is going to be getting from this restock onwards:
PXL_20230612_201854074-Edit-2.jpg

Changes from the initial launch version:
Plastic rings to match the 87 and conformal coating
Tri-color wires to make routing easier
First set of backplates out of the new machines, same finish as the K87 now

Last edited:
We just got our next box of stock in. I've got a few things to say:

I want to take a minute or two to walk you through some changes happening over the next couple of months. This business took off quickly with the unexpected success of a test product (The Flat K47). Immediately after, I took on a commissioned project from an investor (the K87). I never really had the chance to sit down and decide how I wanted to run a business, what kind of products I wanted to offer, the process by which I wanted to accomplish these things, etc. I’ve made a lot of compromises that I’m not comfortable with making long-term. With that in mind, Arienne Audio will be soft-relaunching over the next 2 or so months with:
  • A revamped product line.
As I’m no longer beholden to anyone else financially and my business is self-sustaining (so far, at least…) I now have absolute control over the products I offer. This is big news. Now I can optimize where I want and perhaps do some things that were “not worth it” or “too expensive” before. There will be a few "V2s" of existing products. I also plan to expand outwards into more DIY gear, becoming more of a “one-stop-shop” with microphone bodies and stuff too (and bundle deals!)
  • Faster shipping and better order support
I’ve hired an actual logistics team to handle my orders. Same-day shipping will again become the norm with the arrival of this next box of stock, and at greatly discounted prices ($25 negotiated Fedex IP shipping basically anywhere on Earth). Shipping to the UK and EU will also be DDP and seamless, with in-cart VAT calculation. No more being surprised by customs and brokerage fees when the package is delivered.
  • Microphones
Selling DIY stuff is a lot of fun, but I’m also really interested in designing and manufacturing my own boutique microphones with a big focus on ergonomics, accessibility, and acoustics. I am currently converting my office into a workshop for this purpose.

If you’ve got any questions or suggestions, I’d love to hear them! Thanks a ton for your continued support.

Ari

P.S. Here's the Flat K47 v2 set that everyone is going to be getting from this restock onwards:
View attachment 110118

Changes from the initial launch version:
Plastic rings to match the 87 and conformal coating
Tri-color wires to make routing easier
First set of backplates out of the new machines, same finish as the K87 now
Really really cool all around!

Yes to the microphone bodies! That would be a game changer.

Capsules I'd love to see you produce are m7 and k47 (traditional tuning). Of course in a perfect world we'd all want a really nice CK12 but it seems that one is the most difficult to make.

Is there any sonic difference between the V1 and V2 flat47's? Or is it mainly just that plastic ring and the vague potential for shorts 20 years from now with the metal rings.... (Should I trade my V1 out?)

We need m49 bodies with 60mm chassis for Dany's boards probably more than the other body styles but then again that may not be a best seller. Having a u87 body that is more traditionally sized but also fits the dimensions of Dany's boards would be a priority if I were doing what you're hoping to do. That's probably gonna be your biggest seller.

Other than capsules and bodies, I think most transformers, pcb sets, and electronics are fairly accessible through normal DIY channels. It would be nice to have a source for bodies that didn't take forever to arrive.

Best,
Matt

Great news, I would be happy if you carry the same usual bodies chunger or lifelong music offer plus the 47 fet and 414 that its being talked about. Also a good idea would be wood boxes, but don't know if its possible?
On another note, I placed preorder on my pair of K47's when will you ship? No pressure dear, but indeed I'm very anxious to try those pups!

Back