Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news, I would be happy if you carry the same usual bodies chunger or lifelong music offer plus the 47 fet and 414 that its being talked about. Also a good idea would be wood boxes, but don't know if its possible?
On another note, I placed preorder on my pair of K47's when will you ship? No pressure dear, but indeed I'm very anxious to try those pups!
The issue with bodies is that the upfront cost is kind of huge. It'd cost me like 15 grand to stock the 47 fet for instance. I don't have enough credit for that. I'm overly conservative with credit (I have an irrational fear of debt) so despite my overall score being excellent, my credit history is not extensive enough or high enough in revolving balances to get approved for that kind of credit. My phobia of credit is something I only recently got over, and it's actually why the flat k47 kept cycling through stock. I felt uncomfortable even use monthly revolving credit to keep it in stock despite zero risk of going into debt, which for a retail business is absurd behavior and I'm sorry for the issues my eccentricities have caused for my customers. I just got approved for a business line of credit, so we will no longer be running into pointless stock issues, but it's too low to launch multiple products at once.

The flat k47 should start shipping by the end of next week hopefully, and that will be with my new logistics team. I'm actually making the accessory baggies right now. I commissioned a mold for the rubber bumpers out of Neoprene also. Waiting on samples of those to approve, and then those will be available on my new store and come with all new capsules.

Update! Turns out: That tube was garbage. Either that or my cleaning wasn't good enough. Replaced the tube, cleaned the hi-z contacts obsessively, and it's a whole different mic now... Soli's flat47 capsule us really, really nice. Here's a clip I made after repairing the mic.

There ya go!

Glad to hear about the scale-up!

I'm just one person, but (in addition to your capsules) here are some things I think could be cool to see from a single supplier:
  1. Well-curated/good quality mic bodies in some of the classic form factors (even if the selection was initially very limited and grew over time)
  2. Wooden jewel boxes that fit the above bodies (these have been really hard to get lately!)
  3. Transformers from the better-quality suppliers: Moby (if he's interested in that kind of scale), AMI, Cinemag, Haufe...
  4. Selected/tested FETs and vacuum tubes that are commonly-used/seen in microphone projects
  5. Polystyrene capacitors in mic-relevant values
  6. Capsule mounts and flexible silicone wire, ideally sold by-the-foot
  7. Gotham GAC-7 tube mic cable, sold by the foot
  8. PCB sets for common projects
If selling mic bodies is in your future, one thing that could be interesting and unique: custom engraving (or even just silkscreening/digital printing) of the bodies for an additional charge, using customer-supplied artwork. I'm not sure the logistics of that or whether a local vendor exists to which you could source that in a way that was cost-effective, but nobody is offering that and I'd imagine many people want it.

Good luck in everything!

While I like wooden boxes, I would also be grateful if any protective case were available, plastic or wood.
I also wish there was an aftermarket protective case for all components of a build. For solid-state, just mic and shockmount. For tube builds like 67 or 49, precut space for fitting a Collective Cases PSU, or in C12/251 land, the Chinese PSU that Chunger sells, would be a huge problem solver IMHO!

While I like wooden boxes, I would also be grateful if any protective case were available, plastic or wood.
I also wish there was an aftermarket protective case for all components of a build. For solid-state, just mic and shockmount. For tube builds like 67 or 49, precut space for fitting a Collective Cases PSU, or in C12/251 land, the Chinese PSU that Chunger sells, would be a huge problem solver IMHO!
Check out Apache cases from Harbor Freight! The x-tra large size should fit all tube mic components including psu.

Nope, that doesn't fit a U67 comprised of the following: Chunger's wooden box for SYT-5, Collective Case PSU, shockmount and tightest wrap cabling. This requires 17" x 14 x 5, and most of these pick and pluck Pelican esque cases recommend leaving a 1" perimeter for best protection, at least Pelican does. So 19 x 16 x 5 would be the minimum for that configuration.
There are lots of options out there for cases, but most I've come across have some inefficiency of space or are stupidly expensive. That said, any case is a distant interest for Ari to stock vs. items in higher demand like wooden boxes and mic bodies.

I'm going to go ahead and open up submissions for other manufacturers who are looking for a US distributor. I'm pretty serious about this stuff going forward. For post-relaunch, we've got a warehouse, a shipping and logistics team, a return processing center and everything. I would be happy to have your product on my store

Nope, that doesn't fit a U67 comprised of the following: Chunger's wooden box for SYT-5, Collective Case PSU, shockmount and tightest wrap cabling. This requires 17" x 14 x 5, and most of these pick and pluck Pelican esque cases recommend leaving a 1" perimeter for best protection, at least Pelican does. So 19 x 16 x 5 would be the minimum for that configuration.
There are lots of options out there for cases, but most I've come across have some inefficiency of space or are stupidly expensive. That said, any case is a distant interest for Ari to stock vs. items in higher demand like wooden boxes and mic bodies.
True I wasn’t thinking about the SYT-5. I have a couple tube mics I made with smaller psu’s and bodies that do fit into the Apache X-tra large… I suppose for SYT-5 builds with collective psu cases you’d have to find something else.

This is some kind of Engineering sample microphone by Neumann, it has original Neumann parts, but I couldn't find exact same body anywhere on internet...
Since I was also interested in this microphone I was looking for the answer from Neumann directly (few months ago) and here is the response. But true, someone, sometime used original parts and made this microphone. @lazarlazarevic133, just in case you are still wondering about it ;)
Regarding the mic, it seems to be a self-made unit.
I asked my colleagues as well. Nobody know´s about.

Best – Medzid

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best regards,

Head of Neumann Service & Quality Control

Latest posts

Back