Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I was also interested in this microphone I was looking for the answer from Neumann directly (few months ago) and here is the response. But true, someone, sometime used original parts and made this microphone. @lazarlazarevic133, just in case you are still wondering about it ;)
Yes... capsule ans mic head are from vintage u87 from'70, bottom housing looks like u47 just a little bit shortened... and it has bv12 transformer in circuit with rest of the components from 10241-930-00.18 schematic diagram... a little vintage beast :)

Keep forgetting to post (or maybe I did and forgot... wouldn't surprise me) but I'm not sure I bought into the flat K47 hype. Sometimes there's a herd mentality on forums that skews opinions of the best of us, so I was skeptical. I'm not a fan of the K47 bump and prefer my Beesneez M7 over BN K7 and Maiku K47. Finally replaced my K47 with an Arienne Flat K47 in my EF-U47 (Moby BV.08). Compared with my Beesneez M7, I preferred the M7 on some sources and the Flat K47 on others. There was only some acoustic guitar and speech-like vocals where I preferred the Beesneez K7 over the Flat K47. Overall, this is one of my favourite capsules. Especially at this price point, this is the most practical capsule purchase that can be made right now. Killer quality at a great price. Here is a recording a friend did with my EF-U47 w/ Arienne Flat K47. It was used on all, or nearly all instruments.

(Music Box by Leith Ross)

Since I was also interested in this microphone I was looking for the answer from Neumann directly (few months ago) and here is the response. But true, someone, sometime used original parts and made this microphone. @lazarlazarevic133, just in case you are still wondering about it ;)
All it takes is a sneaky authorized service technician with access to all the schematics, and spare parts to make whatever you need, and quite possibly free of charge. Back when I was working for Korg (Vox, Marshall, Shure...), i was making all kinds of frankenstein stuff just for giggles. I even had access to server with R&D projects, and products that never saw the light of the day. I sure miss those days.

Last edited:
For my website relaunch, it's going to be a bit more of a one-stop shop. For example, I've been looking all over the place for a good pen sized electric screwdriver, but they were all kind of hot garbage. Low torque, wonky bits, mediocre battery life. I finally found one that has decent torque that you could never possibly stop with your own hand, well made, no soft plastic or rubber that goes grungy over time, dead center rotation, etc And I found the original manufacturer and I'm thinking of just lasering my company name on the thing and selling it on my store. That would be a good thing to put on there right?

If i put my name on something, given the way that I am, that's a significant endorsement, isn't it? That's something I should think about implementing. Very, very carefully.

Last edited:
If it's high quality and good value, sure. Do also consider:
-is this something my customers want/need?
-is that something my customers are looking to buy from me?
-will this offering tie up scarce resources that would be better used elsewhere?
For production operators, this is a necessary tool. For most DIY folks, not necessary, but nice to have.
If the cost is low enough(or sale is high enough), it makes a nice bonus spiff to give a customer to entice them to spend more $$$.

Keep forgetting to post (or maybe I did and forgot... wouldn't surprise me) but I'm not sure I bought into the flat K47 hype. Sometimes there's a herd mentality on forums that skews opinions of the best of us, so I was skeptical. I'm not a fan of the K47 bump and prefer my Beesneez M7 over BN K7 and Maiku K47. Finally replaced my K47 with an Arienne Flat K47 in my EF-U47 (Moby BV.08). Compared with my Beesneez M7, I preferred the M7 on some sources and the Flat K47 on others. There was only some acoustic guitar and speech-like vocals where I preferred the Beesneez K7 over the Flat K47. Overall, this is one of my favourite capsules. Especially at this price point, this is the most practical capsule purchase that can be made right now. Killer quality at a great price. Here is a recording a friend did with my EF-U47 w/ Arienne Flat K47. It was used on all, or nearly all instruments.

I actually love leith, i had no idea they used my capsules! What about their new album?

Last edited:
Hi Whoops,

I’ve had good luck fixing sticky rubber parts by spraying a common clear coat on them. This seals up the sticky and brings it back to life. For clear coat you can use anything from lacquer sanding sealer (Behlen or Mohawk etc.) or musical instrument lacquer or even Rustoleum clear coat in any sheen you like. (Satin, flat or gloss). Spray a mist coat first and let it dry. Then add a heavier coat later. You can try to “pre-prep” the sticky rubber first with a Terry cloth towel (not paper towel), & common solvent such as naphtha or turpentine etc., but it’s usually not necessary. I hope this works for you!

Love this community. Always something to learn! ChatGPT says...

When rubber becomes sticky and unpleasant, it is typically due to a process called rubber degradation, which can occur over time due to various factors such as exposure to heat, light, humidity, and certain chemicals. While it can be challenging to completely reverse the degradation, there are some steps you can take to improve the condition of your tools and parts. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Clean the sticky rubber: Start by removing any dirt or debris from the rubber using mild soap and water. Gently scrub the surface with a soft cloth or sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as they may further damage the rubber.
  2. Use isopropyl alcohol: Isopropyl alcohol can help dissolve and remove sticky residue from rubber surfaces. Dampen a clean cloth with isopropyl alcohol and gently rub it on the affected area. Test a small, inconspicuous spot first to ensure that the alcohol doesn't cause any adverse effects on the rubber.
  3. Apply talcum powder or cornstarch: After cleaning the rubber, you can try applying a small amount of talcum powder or cornstarch to the surface. These powders can help absorb moisture and reduce stickiness. Rub them onto the rubber using a clean cloth and let it sit for some time before wiping off any excess powder.
  4. Store in a cool, dry place: Heat and humidity can accelerate rubber degradation. To prevent further deterioration, store your tools and parts in a cool, dry environment. Consider using airtight containers or ziplock bags to provide additional protection against moisture.
  5. Use rubber protectants: There are commercially available rubber protectants and conditioners that can help rejuvenate and restore the appearance of degraded rubber. These products often contain ingredients like silicone or petroleum jelly, which can add moisture and provide a protective layer. Follow the manufacturer's instructions when applying these products.
Remember, these suggestions may not completely reverse the effects of rubber degradation, but they can help improve the condition of your tools and parts. If the degradation is severe or if the rubber is essential for safety reasons (e.g., for tools with electrical insulation), it may be advisable to replace the affected parts.

I actually love leith, i had no idea they used my capsules! What about their new album?
Not the new album. They recorded the album before I put your flat K47 in a mic, with a different Winnipegger. The album was recorded by one of the Landreth Bros. Music box was recorded by Liam Duncan (Boy Golden), who uses my mic builds a lot.

As much as I like the album, my COMPLETELY UNBIASED opinion is that Music Box sounds waaaaay better with my mic - and your capsule.

I had a friend who used to restore ADATs some years ago and he had this product called "ReGrip" or something like that, and it would take the oxidation and other contaminents off the roller and make it "rubbery" again. No idea if this product is still made.

Plastics and rubbers unfortunately start breaking down sometimes, and they will outgas and become slimy. If this is happening it's probably too late.

I have a Thiersch M7 red in a U47 Wunder. I have a Beesneez K7 and a Flat 47 in two different Miktek CV4 mics. I think Arienne named the capsule correctly as to what it does. I use each of those three main tube mics for various vocals and some other sources. The M7 red and the BN K7 sound sort of similar. They both have the big bottom and mid push that works great on many vocalists. The Flat 47 IMO is a little like a CK12 in that it doesn't have the mid push. When we were choosing a mic on a male baritone vocal recently, we put up a lot of the usual suspects and some ribbons as well. For that person, the Wunder CM7GS was the clear winner. The Flat 47 sounded a bit scooped. Granted, it is not scooped; it only sounds that way compared to a K47/M7 capsule that has the mid push. On a female vocalist, we much preferred the Flat 47. We also really liked the Flat 47 as an over the shoulder mic on acoustic guitar.

I wish there was some rule for mic choices that always works but it really does come down to the individual voice. Heck, we did a session a couple weeks ago and an AT4060 was the big winner (light and airy vocal). I hadn't even pulled that mic out of the closet for at least five years. I'm glad I found a match for it. In that particular session, the Flat 47 was our second choice of the six mics we set up.

So, all that to say... The Flat 47 is a great sounding capsule in it's own right. It does not sound like any other capsule I've worked with.

I bought 2 flat 47's on Ebay (UK) tried one in 2 mic's against Maiku 47's in. Selling the Maiku and going to order the 87 to try against a maiku in my 87 Clone ....say no more bought into the hype ..... and found no hype, These are really great capsules ... I hope the 87 is just as good... but I will soon find out. Well done Arienne Audio

I bought 2 flat 47's on Ebay (UK) tried one in 2 mic's against Maiku 47's in. Selling the Maiku and going to order the 87 to try against a maiku in my 87 Clone ....say no more bought into the hype ..... and found no hype, These are really great capsules ... I hope the 87 is just as good... but I will soon find out. Well done Arienne Audio
when did you buy them on ebay? I only sold them on ebay 2 years ago

edit: just saw the listing. that's revision 2 of version 1, nice buy

Last edited:
Well guess from what your saying myself and brother scored ... my brother more than myself as I give him the 2nd one for free..... Family!! thanks again great capsules

when the Arienne k87 capsule will be back in stock?
What are you going to be using at for? I've got a ton of them here, I just pulled them because now that I have the screws coming in I want to avoid having to do tons of extra QC per capsule. If you're not using it in an '87i circuit you can buy one now and I'll ship it out immediately.

Latest posts

Back