Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update, sounds like a frustrating and mysterious problem. And thanks for your time and effort for getting this right, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
When I started this place up I hired people who had been previously trained by existing factories. Kind of regretting that now. It’s probable that they’re doing something that a factory taught them to do incorrectly without even thinking it weird. I probably should have trained them completely from scratch. Oh well, I can do that if I ever expand US production beyond just me.

The reason this bothers me so much is because the bass on the V1 was dead on. The V2 is better in every way. It is significantly more refined. The mids are still perfect and the highs especially are glorious. But I don't like taking steps backwards.

I really like your striving for perfection. (!!!) That said, things tend to be connected, so getting the bass "right" might kill the current magic in the mids and highs. Or maybe not. But whatever you do, make sure you keep what you have now reproducible. If only for a possible special version. ;)

BTW a little more bass can give a mic some extra reach, for what that is worth.

Carry on. :censored:

Latest posts

Back