SSL 9K & 4K (E Series) 500 / 51X NEW BOARDS Mic Pre Thread 2011

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there!

Bruno's BOM from the opening post is still valid and contains Mouser order numbers for most parts.
For IC1 you can either use Analog Devices MAT12 or search for MAT02 or LM394 on Ebay.

Best,
Carsten

When I search on FARNELL shop MAT02, is MAGNATEC  BFY81  TRANSISTOR NPN DOUBLE TO-77
This is good (expensive and not ANALOG DEVICES)?
But if is MAT12 (nice for SSL9K?) who exist in FARNELL...as you wrote to me, is good to?
Best

Source for MAT02 transistors, I already bought from here and had no problems:

"
Yes, we have this transisitor. . Here it is the quotation list :
MAT02EH $6.00 CAN
New and unused; 30 days quality warranty period .

Regards.

mary

Aosiwei Electronics Co.,Ltd

Tel:  +86 -27-82848366                        Fax:    +86-27-82848466
MSN: [email protected]      E-mail:[email protected]
"

Hi everyboDIYers,

BUT can I use MAT12 instead of MAT02?
I'm living in France and the shipping are expensive  when you buy out of Europe...
That's what I'm looking for any parts of this project in GB, Germany, France, etc...
Thank's!!!

I'm doing a BOM from MOUSERS/AML/etc... I try to make my purchases through europe with the sole purpose to saving money!
I'gonna post it soon as possible but remaining some obscur parts as the MAT02 or MAT12.
Best!

culteousness1 said:
Hi there!

Bruno's BOM from the opening post is still valid and contains Mouser order numbers for most parts.
For IC1 you can either use Analog Devices MAT12 or search for MAT02 or LM394 on Ebay.

Best,
Carsten

Oh Yes...Sorry!!! I read and understand but now I OVERstanding :-[
Thank you so much and sorry for making you waste time!
Best

Hi Again, i started at least building my SSL 9k500 pres :)

But.. i got some bridges.. but.. didnt realized before that the pin out wasnt a normal bridge.

For that... i cant source the correct bridge, and i checked about the pinout of DF01m and i guess.. can i solder some diodes myself?

Pinout is..

Nm8bF2z.png

But.. would some 1n4148 do the job? or maybe 1n4007(cant source 1n4004 here). I dont want to wait 3 months until i got the componentes since it is not easy in Argentina to recieve packages. So.. Would this workout?

Thank you :)

some pics on the building :) soldered resistors(some missing and some had to improvise), diodes and inductors.

mFSPkaa.jpg

You can also leave out the bridge rectifier completely (and maybe add it later when you have the right part)
It's just for protecting the 1640 output from accidently +48V been fed into it.

Oh great, will it work without the bridge? Or i have to wire something?

When i buy from mouser again i think i will buy one for each pcb.

It will be connected right up to the AD conversion of my SSL Alpha Link Mx so there wont be any problem with phantom power or some compressor like LA2a clone.

Thanks! :)

Graph said:
Oh great, will it work without the bridge? Or i have to wire something?

When i buy from mouser again i think i will buy one for each pcb.

It will be connected right up to the AD conversion of my SSL Alpha Link Mx so there wont be any problem with phantom power or some compressor like LA2a clone.

Thanks! :)

It will work fine without the bridge.  Like he said, it's for protection of the THAT output chip.
Best,
Bruno2000

Great!! Thanks for the answer Bruno and thanks for such an amazing project :)

Nearly Done, Franks fronts are quite nice :)

Havent bought knobs yet.. using some i had :p

JW61mPI.jpg

Sorry, another question, do you know which is the size of the hole for leds?(in millimeters :( ) all leds i have doesnt seem to fit in.

Thanks!

Well i finish one at least :)

The first 9k500 i fired on worked, audio goes from in to out.. buttttt.... switchs are not working(only phantom power works). Relays dont seem to be woring, i dont hear a click of the relay when i lift any switch and it doesnt seems positions changed too, i have tested with a multimeter. I havent placed any led yet(neither the Led PCB) since they dont fit and the smallest drill i got nearby was 1mm..

Another thing i do was, in Rackit unit, i placed Input Ground with Analog Ground, and output ground with Chassis, but.. i dont have a chassis ground connected.

Any idea about the problem? Maybe relays are not the ones to go?

A photo of the relays i used.

vkvOwgL.jpg

(relays are different since there wasnt enough stock of either one, the other one is black too)

I checked relays voltage on coil, comparing to Analog Ground, and the difference is always 15v no matter if i toggle switches!

Back