Steer me forward...psu questions:

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iomegaman

GDIY Supporter
Ok I'm building a kinda "franken-pre" that will include 2- EZ 1290's, a Telefunken v672/2, 2- access 312's and a Great River MP-2.

My plan is to eventually get 4/Ez1290's and 4/312's with the telefunken and GR/MP-2.

Its a JVC 4RU Video cabinet that will comfortably house all this stuff with some cool rails to hold the 1290/312's horizontally and has compartments to separate the psu's on the side and back...

Here's my dilemma:

I can probably stuff 3 different types of psu's in there and get it to function ok, but I have a single rail 24 volt 10.9amp (27 amp peak) Lambda PSU that could easily power all of it as a separate PSU...which I think would be optimal...keeping the psu out of the box so to speak...

I've tried to locate some DC/DC inverters...but am not finding what I need...(or think I need)...

Is it possible to create/build/modify 3 separate regulating circuits and invert some of it to provide the negative rail for the 312's from this one big 24v DC supply?

My eventual plan is to stuff a total of 4/1290's and 4/312's in there, I'll have to get a little creative with the Carnhills,  but thats about it...

This thing has slotted plastic rails that allow me to put the 1290's and 312's horizontal with some room to breathe between each unit...the GR/MP2 and the Telefunken sit easily in the middle...and there's even room for the psu's on the side and back...but maybe not 3 distinct psu's and my preference is to get the transformers outta the box...hence my desire to use the Lambda...

But I don't know if I can invert/regulate all the power needs from a single +24 DC psu...

Most of my reading shows complete psu's...not much on regulating one with this many amps...

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Neve and GR on the same psu its not a good idea bro!!
Trust me, ask Bluzzi if you dont believe me!!

Better keep to each his own rack anc psu..

Thanks...I was thinking I could just use the lambda as a dc voltage supplier and then each pre style would have its own rectified voltage, but this means finding a way to convert 24 vdc to 16 vdc +/- and 48 +, and then theres the GR....

Back