Studio chair recommendations?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker

It is time for a new chair in my studio, I was thinking about the aeron, but after sitting in one recently I was less impressed than I remembered from my experience with them in years past... I've looked at humanscale and steel case but haven't sat in either yet...there are a lot of contenders in the market now, if anyone has some suggestions from experience I'd appreciate it.  The only real requirements I have are nice casters that won't damage hardwood, comfortable (good lumbar support, etc) and the arms must move out of the way far enough to comfortably play guitar.

Thanks!

Got some el cheapo aeron knock offs from office depot that were like 150.00 each that have done me well over the years and are comfotable. I say they aeron knock offs as they have a mesh back... but that's about as far as they are the same.

Yea, the one I'm sittin in now is an aeron knock off... I thought I got a killer deal... Until the mesh on the back started coming loose, then the side pieces started popping out of the tracks and poke me if I'm sitting wrong in it... I don't wanna spend 800 on a chair, but I'm about 300 into several el cheapos  that only lasted about 8 months before they started to fail.... They came from different stores too...Perhaps I've just had bad luck?

Wow, you did well with those.  I ended up picking up a humanscale freedom chair today for 200 bucks from a place that buys office furniture by the lot.  It'd be hard to tell it isn't brand new.  8) 

FWIW as much as I like the breath ability of the mesh, the foam in the humanscale is very comfortable.

Back