Studio furniture and racks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[My preamps currently take up 21u of space] -- I would think you may want to consider using some different mic-preamps!!!

[Most are 2ru tall at 3 channels each] -- My mic-preamps are 1U high and contain 8-channels each!!! By the way.....are these all -- vacuum-tube -- mic-preamps??? Why are they so big with so little electronics in them? Are they custom-built? Or, do they have a "brand-name" to them?

BUT!!!.....to each their own!!!

/
Wow - I hope this is sarcasm..... :unsure:

[My preamps currently take up 21u of space] -- I would think you may want to consider using some different mic-preamps!!!

[Most are 2ru tall at 3 channels each] -- My mic-preamps are 1U high and contain 8-channels each!!! By the way.....are these all -- vacuum-tube -- mic-preamps??? Why are they so big with so little electronics in them? Are they custom-built? Or, do they have a "brand-name" to them?

BUT!!!.....to each their own!!!

/
Well if you must know.
Here is the deal.
I have a couple of preamp eq units that are 1 ru each
I have a couple of 737 channel strips which are 2 ru each

I have 8 half wide 2 ru preamps so think of like a dbx160vu these are custom.

Then I have the two custom Frank lacy units which are 4-5 ru each but they are a full channel strip as well.

ROAD CASES ARE SEXY..
the unsung heros of the industry ! I have some from Craigslist and several Roadstar from guitar center. The seem well built and affordable. This was when I was doing live SR but they ate equally at home in my.current studio
For big tube stuff old metal US got aviation racks keep things in order but not appropriate for traveling. SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE SOME FUN 😀

Latest posts

Back