Summing Mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have trouble keeping up but it all sounds good ;) am i understanding right that your runnin multiple busses? like aux chans seperate from regular input chans? a block diagram would be tasty
Usual mixer topology, just shorted and optimized a bit...
for mono channel:
balanced input recever-ina137(to have +4/-10 option);
its out goes to aux 1 pot and fader; fader booster(+8db) opa604;
fader booster to aux 2 and panpot.
Stereo channel just x2.
Sorry, I'm not great in computer graphics, and prefer to draw
schems by hand... but tried to do it in Corel (have problem with scaner)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/IJR/SIG_FLOW.gif

awesom, thank-u!! :thumb:

what is/does the '604 fader booster' for/do? Is it a buffer or additional gain, or both?

best

started this thread to get some help with an active summing mixer like the dangerous 2-bus.

has now become a blackmarket thread instead of a lab thread.

old saying is still true:
If you want something done right you have to do it yourself.

Mathtracks, I guess what you are looking for may be a bit muddled in this thread. The title only asks for summing mixer and that is what this thread discusses. If you want info on a particular brand of summing mixer, maybe you should tytle the thread specifically.

Now, I am a pure novice on the subject, but I sure gave gleaned a lot of information about summing mixers from this topic and I appreciate you starting it. I even picked up enough about active summing to be able to construct several theoretical mixers to see how they work on paper.

I am sorry you are frustrated here, but it seems to me you sure are getting a lot of great information about summing mixers in this thread.

i appreciate all of the input everyone has contributed here and yes the title says summing mixer but in the body of the description Active summing was stated.i'm not downing anyones design or intent but the blackmarket is ussually the place for selling things.
frusted? maybe. thankful?.yes.

indeed, this is why i love this place because of the domino effect of information we gain from a thread like this :)

wrt to ur ckts, i dont feel to confident to critique other peeps designs as I pretty much wing my way thru all this stuff but it looks good as far as i can tell, the INA chips are very easy to work with... :thumb:

I guess the master attenuator would go before the last set of DRV's?

i'm not downing anyones design or intent but the blackmarket is ussually the place for selling things

Nobody is selling nothing here (for now) but black market is the place for selling pcbs but not for discussion about the design, specs, etc.. for those pcbs, so a possible mixer project with pcbs and support and docs remains on topic and is welcome as a new adition an possible project for the enjoy of the group.
Here we are in an open forum and all people can comment designs, post information etc... some times the discussion deviated from the original point but is ALWAYS interesting for the whole group.
If you want a thread for YOURSELF only, then better go and contract an electronics enginner/sound consultant on your own.

Synthi.

[quote author="rf"]Here are the schemos for my summing boxes:[/quote]

You can't beat that for clean and simple.

My suggestion: if you wanna get "haute", add a high-quality 1:1 line transformer to the output of the active mixer to obtain a true floating output, that can be run into balanced or unbalanced loads at will with no harm to the output amplifiers.

old saying is still true:
If you want something done right you have to do it yourself.
I advertise you to beat my mixer in quality and sound.
Gyraf did his engraver, but (just imho) mine better :razz:

Also, this mixer is complete solution.
MX-1 replaces today one after one crap consoles in local studios.

Sinthi, you're great:
Nobody is selling nothing here (for now) ...
If you want a thread for YOURSELF only, then better go and contract an electronics enginner/sound consultant on your own.

About black market:
I have a border beetween mine and not-mine designs.
Mine I sell, not-mine just investigate.
Also, every time I decide to help people, I get finally it was wrong mind:)
I came with:
1176 new pcb layout
2254/33609
&etc. at this forum.
Anyone from people I shared layouts still not have it done,
but I get some letters from people who sell stuff...
I understood if I will not take money, others will do it.
Also, charging some reasonable money for pcb's,
I eliminate "talking about", and less words, more audio.

What do you call "output of active mixer"?
Point beetween bus and makeup amp?
If so, the best solution is not 1:1 trafo.
In my big console passive bus impedanse will be
as low as 150 Ohms, and I gonna use here 1:8-1:10
trafo...this is the goal of impedance matching.
Tested on some summing boxes.

Also, this sucks a bit:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/rafoote/Schemos/ActiveMixer05.bmp

i never implied i wanted the thread for myself.just my 2 cents pitched in to help keep topics on point.
deveation from the main topic is good.if you don't like me,my ideas, and my attitude keep those opinions to yourself you [EDITED: Racist slurs (explicit or implied) of any kind will not be tolerated here. I will not tell the same person this twice.]

and as for you ijr,to say someone design sucks is just plain rude.

who are you? the mixer god?

Excuse me, what exactly "sucks" about "this"? There are some very happy clients using just the passive version to sum the output stems from their DAWs.
Well, your active "balanced" design is not balanced. It is _dual_.
This way you have some problems....
Also, your clients not allways in "best case" situation, where all outputs
from daw same and balanced. 6db problems and ground issues
sometimes, well?
You never heard of a virtual ground summing node? Who asked about a "makeup amp"?
Ugh..."node" in hebrew...FOLKS, quiet! :))))
Well, for me, inverting v.g. amplifier is _makeup_amplifier_ 'cause it amplify, or brings up, bus loss; active or passive, is another thing.
Just terminology.
There was gigatone of good reading here, let's not concentrate on this subject.
Putting trafo into _active_bus_, ot before v.g. inverting
makeup amp, is stupid thing.
Trafo is NEVER mathematically ideal....
You actually need bring feedback to separate winding of trafo to compensate its non-linearity, then stuff like oscillations,
you cut freqresp, ending up with crappy sound.&etc.
Or... another attempt to build Tele' v672.
But hey, trafo used here
is a bit specific. And 672 aren't very good as summing amps.

Then, well...
tried...enough.

and as for you ijr,to say someone design sucks...
Well, just pointed this design is not very good.
I am like all people here - folk who love music and diy.
Then, ok, i tried to help people with some stuff
just to save theirs time & so on.
@Math..:
I hate diy audio talking and prefer working units.
Will be happy to see some your stuff.

Dude, Gearslutz and you would be a match made in heaven. Please edit out that racist cimment!
Go buy a Mackie.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

not racist. i am spanish.
pot calling the kettle black.
sure,please edit out the useless comments.
does the forum no good .waste of time too much drama for your mama type shit.just engaging the comment to the fullest extent.
overboard?
ya i am.
soap opera not over yet?
if you want to make a comment about me or my attitude pm me.quit wasting space and forum reading on your useless comments.
Dude, Gearslutz and you would be a match made in heaven. Please edit out that racist cimment!
Go buy a Mackie.

[quote author="mathtracks"]soap opera not over yet?.[/quote]

yes it is

I my not be mod here but I am willing to play my last card here and now.

shut up
back off
walk away
go and make a cup of coffee and relax

let Kev have the last word

It's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back