Tbone SCT 800 - Transformer Ratio ? & Mod Capsule with Rode HF6 !

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok have now change the transformer with a UTM0512 (12:1) and the output are the same.. also i have change c8, put in a mullard tube AND: replace capsule to a : rode Rode HF6 - this mic now sounds fantastic and have a very low noise, high output and smoth high frequencis..

Attachments

• sct800_rode432034fb-e51e-4ffb-85fa-2d0af325b491.jpeg
    sct800_rode432034fb-e51e-4ffb-85fa-2d0af325b491.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi. I have a problem and maybe someone can tell me where to look for the breakdown: the microphone has lost sound completely. I just switched it on this morning, but there was no sound at all. No hissing, no whistling, no buzzing - no sound at all. Maybe someone has any ideas where to start looking for a problem with this sct 800?

my knowledge of electronics is not very much more, but I have checked the cables and they are fully functional) also tried installing a different capsule, which definitely works - nothing changed, no sound at all

what should I do?

Hi. I have a problem and maybe someone can tell me where to look for the breakdown: the microphone has lost sound completely. I just switched it on this morning, but there was no sound at all. No hissing, no whistling, no buzzing - no sound at all. Maybe someone has any ideas where to start looking for a problem with this sct 800?

my knowledge of electronics is not very much more, but I have checked the cables and they are fully functional) also tried installing a different capsule, which definitely works - nothing changed, no sound at all

what should I do?
is the tube ok?

Sorry for the long silence and thanks to those who responded and helped.

I've been trying to find the cause of the microphone failure for a few days now, but my knowledge of electronics is nil, so it's been a long process.

In the end, the weak link was the microphone's regular lamp - this cheap Chinese lamp psvane 12ax7 simply stopped working, despite the fact that the microphone is new and has been working for no more than a month in gentle mode.

Honestly never thought that a new lamp could stop working))))).

thanks to everyone who responded to the call for help, thank you.

Attachments

• photo_2_2023-10-28_13-52-12.jpg
    photo_2_2023-10-28_13-52-12.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 0
Sorry for the long silence and thanks to those who responded and helped.

I've been trying to find the cause of the microphone failure for a few days now, but my knowledge of electronics is nil, so it's been a long process.

In the end, the weak link was the microphone's regular lamp - this cheap Chinese lamp psvane 12ax7 simply stopped working, despite the fact that the microphone is new and has been working for no more than a month in gentle mode.

Honestly never thought that a new lamp could stop working))))).

thanks to everyone who responded to the call for help, thank you.

Same thing happened to me, on one of those T.Bone microphones. :(
The weak link, truly is that "el cheapo" 12ax7 valve/tube.
Beware of that and change it as soon as possible.
www.thomann.de have or had EH 6072/12ay7, 12ax7 and /or 12at7 in stock.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/electro_harmonix_12ay7_tube.htm
https://www.thomann.de/intl/electro_harmonix_tube_12_ax_7.htm
https://www.thomann.de/intl/sovtek_roehre_12at7.htm
M

ok have now change the transformer with a UTM0512 (12:1) and the output are the same.. also i have change c8, put in a mullard tube AND: replace capsule to a : rode Rode HF6 - this mic now sounds fantastic and have a very low noise, high output and smoth high frequencis..
Changing 2 Zener diode In psu (Z5,Z6) to 62V 1.3W will fix issue with high output and improve mics headroom significantly.

What cap do you use for C8?

Back