team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are integral to your side's smear campaign.
My "side"= the "reality-based community," as a certain GOP strategist once put it. (Of course, that same strategist is now not considered sufficiently obeisant to the GOP fantasy du jour and has largely fallen from favor.)

Pretending that the neofascist elements of your party don't matter may make it easier for you to remain a Republican, but your willful ignorance does not change what's happening.

My dad arrived/survived D-day @ Normandy Beach invasion (and more) in the fight against fascism, as a 17 years old volunteer immigrant (nonvoter) from Scotland. (Tank driver. Sherman tank with doped-canvas pontoons. Silver Star earned in a months-later battle, saving fellow soldiers). I would call him OG "antifa"/authoritarianism. As an antifa/foreigner he was undesirable JR?
You rang?

This is a well worn and duplicitous argument attempting to equate fighting against actual fascism in a world war to modern day anarchists trying to burn down police stations in American cities. Has your dad declared his support for Antifa?

FWIW WWII was free nations fighting against authoritarian fascist nations who attacked us/them and were trying to take over the world.

Respect for your father...Have you served? I was drafted into the army in 1970 and oddly they did not send me to fight against fascism in the streets of America. :rolleyes: I did spend time with NATO forces over in Germany keeping the soviet bloc in check. NATO is in the news now as Putin is whining about them, while threatening to put Russian troops in Cuba (again) and Venezuela.

Showing international weakness is rewarded by aggression from enemies of freedom.

JR

Showing international weakness is rewarded by aggression from enemies of freedom.

JR
Yes! Trump sidling up to Putin and other dictators while working to weaken NATO was rewarded in this fashion. Trump and the GOP set the table for this (have you forgotten already what warm feelings Trump & most of the rest of the GOP were having about Russia back when Trump was president? I'm guessing you have. (Of course, it's probably all something made up by "my side," so it must be ignored/forgotten at all costs.)

Nice video posted of bad apples at at protest downtown DC.
Bad apples.. I see

I suppose it was a few bad apples that took over parts of the city of Portland as well..

Didn't one of your guys shoot some politicians playing baseball?

Give me a fucking break.

To be quite honest, I don't have any love for politicians on either side. I tend to think democrats are absolutely batshit crazy though.

Last edited:
You mean this guy dope? LOL

Really raising some hell in there.. I'd really fear for my life around him. Not surprised you're intimidated by him.

Larry-Rendell-Brock-210_hpEmbed_20210110-171716_3x2_992.jpg

"Brock was charged with "one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds," according to the U.S. Attorney's office." -ABC News

Last edited:
Yes! Trump sidling up to Putin and other dictators while working to weaken NATO was rewarded in this fashion.
Your biased grasp of history is spectacularly inaccurate. Ex President Trump strengthened NATO by badgering NATO members to pay their fair share.
Trump and the GOP set the table for this (have you forgotten already what warm feelings Trump & most of the rest of the GOP were having about Russia back when Trump was president?
Are you thinking about the bipartisan sanctions against the Nord stream pipeline (between Russia and EU) that Biden waived in 2021? Or Sen Ted Cruz's attempt to reinstate the sanctions a few days ago that the Biden Administration opposes?
I'm guessing you have. (Of course, it's probably all something made up by "my side," so it must be ignored/forgotten at all costs.)
The Steele dossier (trying to link Trump to Russia) was pretty much made up by your side (Hillary and her campaign).

I am starting to feel like Sisyphus rolling the exact same rock up the exact same hill....

As the old saying goes, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

I am going to tap out for now... this is not interesting.

JR

You mean this guy dope? LOL

Really raising some hell in there.. I'd really fear for my life around him. Not surprised you're intimidated by him.

View attachment 88724

"Brock was charged with "one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds," according to the U.S. Attorney's office." -ABC News

Five people died either shortly before, during, or following the event: one was shot by Capitol Police, another died of a drug overdose, and three died of natural causes.[Many people were injured, including 138 police officers. Four officers who responded to the attack died by suicide within seven months.

And the context is a riot instigated by the President against the results of a democratic election. Republicans did (and are still) trying everything they possibly legally could from within the three branches of government to help their side win, and they still lost. And that was followed by this disgraceful day.

Your biased grasp of history is spectacularly inaccurate. Ex President Trump strengthened NATO by badgering NATO members to pay their fair share.

Are you thinking about the bipartisan sanctions against the Nord stream pipeline (between Russia and EU) that Biden waived in 2021? Or Sen Ted Cruz's attempt to reinstate the sanctions a few days ago that the Biden Administration opposes?

The Steele dossier (trying to link Trump to Russia) was pretty much made up by your side (Hillary and her campaign).

I am starting to feel like Sisyphus rolling the exact same rock up the exact same hill....

As the old saying goes, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

I am going to tap out for now... this is not interesting.

JR

Forget the Steele dossier. This is what this is about:

Translator who listened to Trump and Putin’s calls says it was like overhearing ‘friends chatting in a bar’​

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...cs/translator-trump-putin-calls-b1800544.html

Trump and Putin’s Cone of Seclusion - It’s not just unusual that there are no notes from Trump’s meetings with Putin. It’s unprecedented.​

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/01/trump-putin-meeting-no-note-taker.html

President Trump went to 'extraordinary lengths' to hide details of Putin meetings, report says​

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...-putin-meetings-interpreter-notes/2565471002/

Trump's Helsinki Bow To Putin Leaves World Wondering: Why?​

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/17/6296...-bow-to-putin-leaves-world-wondering-whats-up

Trump says what happens in Putin meeting is 'none of your business'​

Congress is probing whether Trump destroyed records from previous meetings.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-putin-meeting-business/story?id=63967271

Political office - especially presidency - should not be a shield against criminality. The Trump Organization should have been RICO'ed years ago, and if the egomaniac had just kept himself out of the public sphere the whole malevolent crew could have continued to happily grift sub-rosa. See: John Gotti.
Correct... no one is above the law.

While you are at it how about looking into the Clinton Foundation, and Hunter Biden's (art?) influence peddling. Haven't heard much mention of his lap top in liberal media.

Durham investigation is still grinding along, but the big fish almost always slither away in the swamp.

JR

Clinton Foundation finances are routinely scrutinized. That they are not a story is because they are not a story.

"Hunter's laptop" is a veritable meme grievance, in same category as Comet Pizza. What's next: Roger Clinton's music "career", Billy Beer, etc.?

This pendulum swing left you speak of...are you referring to the Enlightenment?

Last edited:
Five people died either shortly before, during, or following the event: one was shot by Capitol Police, another died of a drug overdose, and three died of natural causes.[Many people were injured, including 138 police officers. Four officers who responded to the attack died by suicide within seven months.

And the context is a riot instigated by the President against the results of a democratic election. Republicans did (and are still) trying everything they possibly legally could from within the three branches of government to help their side win, and they still lost. And that was followed by this disgraceful day.
Your fake outrage is palpable. Anyway.

In better news, Good for Virginia! Hopefully this can seep into DC. Slim chance but one can only hope.

https://wfirnews.com/news/gov-glenn-youngkin-signs-11-day-one-executive-actions
https://roanoke.com/news/state-and-...cle_827d50b3-e70f-5336-8ad3-fceed1f45851.html

Last edited:
So I'm assuming your point here is nobody should be worried about dudes banging underage chicks because Republicans and Democrats both do it? Republicans only seem to care if the guy has a D behind his name; I'll wait patiently for you to call out Matt Gaetz for his rather multitudinous transgressions.

If Matt Gaetz was convicted of being a pedophile, I would absolutely have no problem calling the guy out. Does political affiliation matter?

I guess you're missing the point. Of all the people a lame duck governor could pardon, he choses a politician who happens to be a pedophile? Even if he wanted to do a fellow shitbag politician a favor... A pedophile? right..

You should be up in arms, the guy was white and the victim was black. Isn't your party made up of self-loathing white apologists?

Last edited:
You should be up in arms, the guy was white and the victim was black. Isn't your party made up of self-loathing white apologists?
The guy was white, and the victim is now his wife, with whom he has 4 kids. This is not in any way an excuse for what he did, but he was convicted and punished, and he seems to be staying on the right side of the law. While he undoubtedly secured a pardon through his political connections, he seems like a typical candidate for a pardon. Essentially all that happens is that his criminal record is expunged--the punishment was done long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back