team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10% of NYC population are legal non-citizen residents (green card holders.) If they could vote in local elections it might bump up the number of interested voters.

Point being....?
Low voter participation... I do not expect diluting the weight of American citizen's votes to encourage their future vote participation.

NYC is in the spotlight right now because of the new pro-police mayor, and new pro-criminal DA. This is the stuff of a Dick Tracy comic book not real life, but even the guys who wrote those old comics could never imagine what is going on.

OIP.TCjjKo7fWmLf3VDm-L5f0QHaGS

JR

Everywhere you look we hear the expression "Run gov't like a business" . Having constituents participate (minimally) in a feedback loop would seem wise. "Dilution" occurs with every single non-vote. Fix that first.

I'm in the NYC media market, and somehow missed the pro-criminal message of the DA.

Last edited:
Low voter participation... I do not expect diluting the weight of American citizen's votes to encourage their future vote participation.

JR
There you go ASSuming again. I have no idea why having more eligible voters would cause fewer people to vote, but I'm sure your expectations will make it so.

I'd imagine it would increase the voter turnout of some citizens, those who would automatically vote against what those "furriners" would vote for.

If they did the crime, don't try to prosecute them in NY, :rolleyes: The new DA there is kind of soft, but maybe not soft on them.

I understand the strategy to smear republicans with this outlier behavior ahead of midterms. I hope it doesn't work. It's hard to continuously impeach a president when he is no longer in office.

JR

PS: almost humorously AOC accidentally spoke a truth when she said the senate is not a democracy. Our form of government is a "representative republic". The constitution does not stipulate simple majority rule, but protects minorities from the tyranny of the masses. The house is the more reactive body to public opinion, the senate is designed to be more deliberate and thoughtful.

Are you talking about the people storming the Capitol spurred on by the then Republican President?
I didn't get that call, but ex-President Trump was (and still is) angry about that election. I am unhappy too, but I don't riot.
Or are they not "true" Republicans?
They are not typical republicans. I am not even sure who the "Proud Boys" and "Oath Keepers" are... I don't study the wingnuts from the extreme right or the extreme left.
That is a bit obscure and not a great fit IMO... Then there is "appeal to extremes", but exchanging logical fallacies is not a way to win a discussion.

This is all another political attempt to manipulate public sentiment, by stretching a one day, illegal protest/riot out for two years to affect the next election. Just like they did before with multiple impeachments.

AKA business as usual in DC.

JR

I understand the strategy to smear republicans with this outlier behavior
Maybe you don't follow the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers, but maybe you should. These "outliers," whom Donald Trump advised to "Stand back and stand by," have found quite the place in your political party. They've got connections to Trump, to Trump insider Roger Stone, and others. They've made themselves an integral part of the modern GOP, and your obliviousness to that does not change this--it just makes you look out of touch with what's going on in your own party.

You can act like you're above the fray, but the sad fact is that these extremists now have a very strong voice in the party you align with, and they're altering the party line. From my perspective (as someone who pays some attention to RW extremists but is not sympathetic): I've seen a shift in overall GOP rhetoric and positions due to the growing influence of extremists in the party. You may pretend you're immune to this sort of thing, but that's not how it looks from here.

Maybe you don't follow the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers, but maybe you should.
no
These "outliers," whom Donald Trump advised to "Stand back and stand by," have found quite the place in your political party. They've got connections to Trump, to Trump insider Roger Stone, and others. They've made themselves an integral part of the modern GOP, and your obliviousness to that does not change this--it just makes you look out of touch with what's going on in your own party.
they are integral to your side's smear campaign. I won't dignify this with whatabouts with extremists from your side.

I had an old (facebook) friend defending antifa this morning. But facebook friends are like you know. ;)
You can act like you're above the fray, but the sad fact is that these extremists now have a very strong voice in the party you align with, and they're altering the party line.
wha?
From my perspective (as someone who pays some attention to RW extremists but is not sympathetic): I've seen a shift in overall GOP rhetoric and positions due to the growing influence of extremists in the party. You may pretend you're immune to this sort of thing, but that's not how it looks from here.
GA is getting a lot of attention due to the shaky senate seat there that republicans are gunning for,,, The cool reception to President Biden over there recently was notable.

Congrats...

JR

Leftists are allowed to RIOT and DESTROY.. I get it.. Righteous..
Nice video posted of bad apples at at protest downtown DC. Now show me the one of libtards in tactical gear inside the Capitol building. Show me the gallows constructed by all the lefties. I'll be waiting. You will not respond. You will just post something else not based in fact or logic.

My dad arrived/survived D-day @ Normandy Beach invasion (and more) in the fight against fascism, as a 17 years old volunteer immigrant (nonvoter) from Scotland. (Tank driver. Sherman tank with doped-canvas pontoons. Silver Star earned in a months-later battle, saving fellow soldiers). I would call him OG "antifa"/authoritarianism. As an antifa/foreigner he was undesirable JR?

Political office - especially presidency - should not be a shield against criminality. The Trump Organization should have been RICO'ed years ago, and if the egomaniac had just kept himself out of the public sphere the whole malevolent crew could have continued to happily grift sub-rosa. See: John Gotti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back