telewulf is new in town

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telewulf

My name is Wulf.

Passbild Wulf Schnaase 2.jpg

For the past 30 years I have been working for German public radio stations (ARD) - partly as an employee and partly a free lancer, sometimes with my own recording mobile. Thus I have had close encounter with the developments of the Zentraltechnik des NWDR right from my professionel start, the V72-family or the M49 to M59. When I started my career there were still some of these in use in the studios in Hamburg and I fell in love with them emidietly. I also consider this old stuff, that has long been forgotten within the ARD itself as a kind of legacy and testament of what the engineers were able to achieve only three years after the war had ended in Germany. I try to do my share in keeping not only the old tube driven items themselves alive, but also the memory of the circumstances that led to their development.

Another task which is close to my heart is my work for the Sendesaal Bremen (Radio Hall) that had been under threat of being torn down when Radio Bremen moved to another location in 2007. So now I am working there as a FOH engineer and am valiantly trying to keep the 30 years old SSL 5000 console alive - a specimen of a series of wich only about 250 were asembled as far as I am aware.

Over the last year I have been time and again been sitting open mouthed before my computer about the incredible level of knowledge in this forum. I received so many inspitation from it and now wanted to join.

greetings to you all from
telewulf

Back