The real attack on Democracy.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, and YES. It’s funny how LWV spins it! Was going to link, but TMI. . .
Now let’s watch LWV go “win” in some more states- Wisconsin next, then Michigan, Georgia, etc.
I don’t want a fake, an illegal, or a dog voting either way in any election.
This is all part of the concerted erosion of institutions , brands, normalcy by leftist wreckers. They are doing a bang-up job! Locally and nationally they are bringing on the not winning.
Mike

Yes, and YES. It’s funny how LWV spins it! Was going to link, but TMI. . .
Now let’s watch LWV go “win” in some more states- Wisconsin next, then Michigan, Georgia, etc.
I don’t want a fake, an illegal, or a dog voting either way in any election.
This is all part of the concerted erosion of institutions , brands, normalcy by leftist wreckers. They are doing a bang-up job! Locally and nationally they are bringing on the not winning.
Mike
To consider this is all leftists wreckers shows me the right wreckers may be winning at the moment.

Right. I’m sure each side spins it a win for them. Regardless, where are the fraud (illegal) court cases?
How often does the "loser" in a settlement get awarded legal fees from the "winner?" The facts indicate that PA removed over 170k stale voters from their rolls and must provide voter roll info going forward. That is a win for election integrity despite the LWV's lame spin attempt.

Personal anecdote: my ex moved to a different county but did not notify the former county elections office. As a result her ballots kept coming to her former address (my PO box) for several years. I shredded them. Other people might vote with them (this was in CA where no ID is required). Fraud like that is very easy to perpetrate and nearly impossible to detect, so "no fraud was proven" is meaningless in such states.

To consider this is all leftists wreckers shows me the right wreckers may be winning at the moment.
What kind of screwed up reasoning is that? "The right" is not destroying/undermining the foundations of the US. Corporations (many of which are led by huge D donors as well as R) are doing damage, but the driving force behind the push for "change" (SJW, eco-warriors, reparations, destruction of history, etc.), comes from the left.

What kind of screwed up reasoning is that? "The right" is not destroying/undermining the foundations of the US. Corporations (many of which are led by huge D donors as well as R) are doing damage, but the driving force behind the push for "change" (SJW, eco-warriors, reparations, destruction of history, etc.), comes from the left.
What kind of screwed up reasoning is that it’s all leftist wreckers? To not question that is also some kind of screwed up reasoning.

And that's not the worst. The worst part is Americans don't seem to care. Or is the matter too complicated?
Many Americans care but routinely get accused of racism, and/or denying voter's rights.

The politicians from both sides are working to win or hold power. Doing whatever it takes.

Not complicated, but routinely hidden or distorted.

JR

What kind of screwed up reasoning is that it’s all leftist wreckers? To not question that is also some kind of screwed up reasoning.
I provided examples of destructive initiatives promulgated by the left. I added that amoral (bordering on immoral) corporations are also doing damage. You responded with a typical "I know you are, but what am I" seventh grade "sick burn" that refutes nothing and proves nothing. Great job!

I provided examples of destructive initiatives promulgated by the left. I added that amoral (bordering on immoral) corporations are also doing damage. You responded with a typical "I know you are, but what am I" seventh grade "sick burn" that refutes nothing and proves nothing. Great job!
I shouldn’t have to provide absolutely any examples of destructive initiatives promulgated by the right. You should already see and acknowledge it to yourself. If you don’t, that says plenty about yourself.

I shouldn’t have to provide absolutely any examples of destructive initiatives promulgated by the right. You should already see and acknowledge it to yourself. If you don’t, that says plenty about yourself.
What initiatives are pushed by the right that undermine the traditional values of the USA? I see neocons allying with Democrats to involve us in more foreign entanglements. I've never supported neocon warhawks. What else? If you can't carry on a discussion with anything other than empty rhetoric, why participate?

He doesn't need anyone to manage his time or his effort. You make your choices and he'll make his.
Except that I used that statement in the opposite sense when someone told me to stop arguing meaningfully with people who were not. Here we have someone posting vacuously. But keep on with the puerile posting.

Many Americans care but routinely get accused of racism, and/or denying voter's rights.

The politicians from both sides are working to win or hold power. Doing whatever it takes.

Not complicated, but routinely hidden or distorted.

JR

John, you're so far from reality.

This has nothing to do with racism. Nor denying voter's rights.

It's purely technical. Dominion ordered a sec report but didn't even supply anything to check. That means they pay heavily for a positive, but fake report. Nobody noticed, except those whose business is in security. And they have no say in it. Capitalism at it's best.

Meanwhile, govt and media are trying very hard not to notice what's happening. I sent this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kujr9uqchwcfjve/Letter to MITRE.pdf
to several journalists. The ones in the US all declared that this was way too complicated for their audience. Others, not in the US, told me this was "business as usual".

That means the US isn't a democracy. Anyone with some money can buy the elections. And foreign powers might one day decide to use it to manipulate elections.

Fortunately, US voting machines aren't used much outside of the USA.

John, you're so far from reality.
it happens
This has nothing to do with racism. Nor denying voter's rights.
exactly, but the political activists who control the public dialog attack critics.
It's purely technical. Dominion ordered a sec report but didn't even supply anything to check. That means they pay heavily for a positive, but fake report. Nobody noticed, except those whose business is in security. And they have no say in it. Capitalism at it's best.

Meanwhile, govt and media are trying very hard not to notice what's happening. I sent this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kujr9uqchwcfjve/Letter to MITRE.pdf
governments are all about maintaining power, and winning the next election
to several journalists. The ones in the US all declared that this was way too complicated for their audience. Others, not in the US, told me this was "business as usual".

That means the US isn't a democracy. Anyone with some money can buy the elections. And foreign powers might one day decide to use it to manipulate elections.

Fortunately, US voting machines aren't used much outside of the USA.
The voting machines used in my town generate a hard copy vote record that gets fed into an optical reader. Somebody could certainly play games with the system accumulating the card reader data but if challenged a hand count of the paper ballots could go back and count actual votes if a contest is too close to trust the machines (recall the hanging chads).
====
A poorly understood aspect about voting is that it is mostly a confidence exercise so the public "believes" that their vote counted and the government truly represents them. The "electoral college" is some very clever systems engineering to make close elections appear much less close. Again to instill voter confidence in elections.

JR

governments are all about maintaining power, and winning the next election
This post, as I read it anyway, was rather dark and cynical. And I welcome that, as I think it lays bare the essence of the modern conservative movement: everything is about power and control. Ideals and principles are nothing more than window dressing to keep the rubes foaming at the mouth. Any immoral acts, any attacks on democratic institutions or traditions, are welcome as long as they serve the goal of cementing power for conservatives. I appreciate the candor.

This post, as I read it anyway, was rather dark and cynical. And I welcome that, as I think it lays bare the essence of the modern conservative movement: everything is about power and control. Ideals and principles are nothing more than window dressing to keep the rubes foaming at the mouth. Any immoral acts, any attacks on democratic institutions or traditions, are welcome as long as they serve the goal of cementing power for conservatives. I appreciate the candor.
That pendulum swings both ways.
The definition of a democrat politician is a rich white person telling poor people that the reason they are poor is the opposition party full of rich white people.

Back