The real attack on Democracy.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Rome was known for their lead pipes. With high pH it may be manageable, but very toxic to developing brains. Some claim it lead (pun) Pb to the downfall of Rome.
Besides the crazy amount of toxins in our, diet lead (Pb) could be worse with the added chemical stresses.
Just plumb crazy.

This didn't get much play, but it's certainly intriguing. If you do digging, you can find that Parnas has evidence of the Trump campaign (Giuliani et al, who were part of his campaign whether or not it was entirely official), coordinating with Fox News to spread Russian disinformation. Fair and Balanced indeed, comrade.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jo...tifies-allegations-bidens-are-fals-rcna144250

EDIT: Unrelated, but not really worthy of a separate post: I just want to be clear about who, exactly, is engaged in voter fraud.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgi...d-voted-illegally/M4A27QQNQJDW7MTI66MRF5B4EQ/

Yep. Par for the course.

EDIT: Another one. Is it freaking 1954 again?
Richard Grenell, a former diplomat and intelligence official in Donald Trump’s administration, who arrived in Guatemala in January, days before the new president was to be sworn in — and threw his support behind a right-wing campaign to undermine the election.

https://wapo.st/3vmmmEP

Last edited:
So he really is your last hope?
Who said that? He's the better choice.

Wouldn't like to be in your shoes. When your dilemma has horns, a choice becomes impossible. When you are on the horns of a dilemma, no matter which horn you choose, something bad will happen.
In my 57 years I have had to make many difficult decisions, often with no "good" choice. Such is life. Be a pragmatist and get on with it.

As an older EE colleague once told me when I was about five years into my career "good enough is the enemy of perfect." It took me a while to fully internalize this nugget, but it separates the whiny idealist children from the grown-ups.

Nothing surprises me anymore...

Ultra right over here, who've been kept from governing by a "cordon sanitaire" was paid by the Chinese CCP to...

They say they only tried to better trade relations. Maybe they have good relations with our weapons industry?

It's not the first time they've been caught taking bribes. Before, it was the Russian ambassador who was their friend. You'd almost start thinking they were commies in disguise.

So, in other words, you are right and the others are wrong?

:ROFLMAO:
Not what I said. The real world is never going to be "perfect" or be transmogrified into the idealistic notions of people like Karl Marx. When I hear people complaining about life not being fair or some government institution or other group of people not being perfectly moral, it is a sign that the simple fact I stated has not been learned. Life is a series of imperfect tradeoffs made with incomplete information and with limited time to make decisions. Grow up and deal with it.

I learned that aphorism as "perfect is the enemy of good". 🤔

There are multiple variants attributed originally to Voltaire.

JR

PS: There are also related (?) aphorisms like 80/20 rules etc. It all comes down to big picture vs. small picture thinking.

hooksets-04.jpg

In what way(s)?
We all have opinions and make decisions based on imperfect information and filtered through our intellects, emotions, biases, and past experiences. Most of us, myself included, think we are more "right" than others, and don't hesitate to post sometimes disparaging remarks to that effect, incorrect as they may or may not be. We forget that, because of limited information and perception of reality, we may be wrong.

because of limited information and perception of reality, we may be wrong.
Right and wrong in politics is rarely objectively clean cut. Emotional appeals tend to cloud thoughtful introspection.

Even when we are strongly convinced that we are correct it is still not acceptable to disparage others.

I am not singling you out doc, your post was just handy. There are many examples of otherwise informative posts, spoiled by throw away derogation generally offered in passing to close.

We are all clearly more alike than different, this is a forum about electronic technology. Lets focus more on what makes is alike, and less on what divides us.

JR

We all have opinions and make decisions based on imperfect information and filtered through our intellects, emotions, biases, and past experiences. Most of us, myself included, think we are more "right" than others, and don't hesitate to post sometimes disparaging remarks to that effect, incorrect as they may or may not be. We forget that, because of limited information and perception of reality, we may be wrong.
That's a fine restatement of what I posted earlier, but does not answer the question of why you think this is at odds with "most of my posts here." I've admitted to being wrong about many things.

Latest posts

Back