This is completely insane

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are many out there now completely oblivious to their sonic suroundings due to noise cancelling phones,yet are free to propel themselves around in cars trucks and motor bikes on the roads and at upto 25 kph in pedsestrian spaces on electric scooters , throw in smart phone usage and its like an incomming drone attack in the urban jungle nowadays .

There are many out there now completely oblivious to their sonic suroundings due to noise cancelling phones,yet are free to propel themselves around in cars trucks and motor bikes on the roads and at upto 25 kph in pedsestrian spaces on electric scooters , throw in smart phone usage and its like an incomming drone attack in the urban jungle nowadays .
Well, I was amazed by the DSP on that thing, and it is in real-time. But you are correct, it isn't safe.

It helps in a really noisy environment. Obviously, it depends on what you're doing...

I've been planning to tinker a bit with a few hearing protection convers, made by 3M that I have laying around. Attenuation -20 or -24 dB. The plan is to put the drivers from a broken Sennheiser HD in it.

I've also been thinking about using a DSP for noise cancelling. But every time I look at it, it seems gimmicky, compared to attenuation.

I should've stated a goal...

The use is as hearing protection with built-in communications. That's what they are from factory. I just want to replace the drivers with something a bit more hifi. Also, the connectors are completely non-standard and extremely heavy duty.

If I buy some Bluetooth driver, the DSP is already included. It's nothing like the one in the vid, but...

I suffer from tinnitus and sometimes work in noisy environments. I'm always interested in help, so I've tried every noise cancelling thingy I got my hands on. Some are very good for communications, but not so for most music.

I'll pass on this one, though, even when it's impressive. Sonar is Windows only and it's game surround tech. Yes, yet another one. Gamers might buy this tech, but the rest of the (audio) world will happily ignore it, I'm afraid. Besides, the headphones aren't exactly cheap (250-400$) and aren't very compatible, as linked to a PC.

Oh, I've has lots of attention, you know. Recently participated in an audiologists test, visisted a dozen or so myself. Did get one clear concise answer, but it involves a hearing-aid. I'm too chicken for that, although I wore one in test. It helped. But avoiding acoustical overload (traffic noise, sirens, cheering crowds, some female voices etc.) seems to help at least as much.

Also had a recent blood test. No anemia in sight. Either the opposite: auto immune reactions.

I've moved to a real quiet neighborhood. That seems to be the crux. I still have tinnitus, but rarely. And not as bad as before.

Enough OT BS.

Oh, I've has lots of attention, you know. Recently participated in an audiologists test, visisted a dozen or so myself. Did get one clear concise answer, but it involves a hearing-aid. I'm too chicken for that, although I wore one in test. It helped. But avoiding acoustical overload (traffic noise, sirens, cheering crowds, some female voices etc.) seems to help at least as much.

Also had a recent blood test. No anemia in sight. Either the opposite: auto immune reactions.

I've moved to a real quiet neighborhood. That seems to be the crux. I still have tinnitus, but rarely. And not as bad as before.

Enough OT BS.
I have tinnitus as well. I went to the audiologist, she made a ton of tests and told me the obvious: No cure whatsoever, but my hearing is great. I have only tinnitus in my left ear, but the thing rings at 12.5 kHz (I know this because one of the tests she did involved identifying the nature and frequency of the ringing), which means that it doesn't get masked by anything, I can be at a busy restaurant with several friends talking loudly and the thing cuts through the noise like a hot knife through butter.

The audiologist recommended some techniques that can only be described as "mental gimmicks", which involve playing 24/7 background noise or music and stuff like that. But nahh, I just don't care anymore, my brain has learned to ignore it; sometimes I do become aware of it though (like right now that I am typing). I won't let my life revolve around this issue.

I believe I got it back in 2016 due to a mistreated ear infection.

I've struggled with misophonia pretty much since I was a kid. Wearing earplugs is the only thing that helps. At least it protects my hearing I guess and it is convenient since I sometimes deal with loud noises at work

Latest posts

Back