To lift pin 1 or not

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you tie pin 1 on the output XLR to chassis?

• yes

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Connect through RC circuit (i.e. 100 ohm || 0.1uf)

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dmp said:
Do you connect pin 1 on the output XLR to chassis?
Poll results clearly show that I'm über-wrong  :eek: , 5 times more than those who don't tie Pin 1 to chassis.
If we look at it from a democratic angle, everybody should tie pin 1 to chassis (which would be a progress) but that wouldn't leave space for independant thinkers.
The panel is so small and its demographics so specific, it is impossible to really draw a conclusion from the poll. But thank you for giving some of us the opportunity to explain that there is actually science in that subject, not only religion.

abbey road d enfer said:
dmp said:
Do you connect pin 1 on the output XLR to chassis?
Poll results clearly show that I'm über-wrong  :eek: , 5 times more than those who don't tie Pin 1 to chassis.
If we look at it from a democratic angle, everybody should tie pin 1 to chassis (which would be a progress) but that wouldn't leave space for independant thinkers.
The panel is so small and its demographics so specific, it is impossible to really draw a conclusion from the poll. But thank you for giving some of us the opportunity to explain that there is actually science in that subject, not only religion.

Yes this result is a little disconcerting. Electronics and physics is not a democracy.

JR

Back