Transformer Rewind

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethinspain

Hey guys,

I bought a Cinemag 2461NiCo for a U47ish build and some little hands got a hold of the transformer so the leads were damaged, requiring the transformer to be rewound.  I assumed there was no hope for it aside from contacting Cinemag themselves, however, a guy with the username of Moby (still active) rewound the thing for me and it looks great! 

Not only is Moby extremely knowledgable in transformers, he's also a pleasure to deal with.

I wanted to post some pics in case anyone else needs some transformer rewinds or maybe even some custom transformer work.  You'll have to contact him for details but it's a professional winding job as you can see in the pictures below as attachments.  He even managed to get the sealant off of the original laminations which is a miracle.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Transformer Taken Apart.jpg
    Transformer Taken Apart.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 70
Hey Seth. U welcome :) I hope this little bastard will do the job. I will also add some more techincal details if people are interested. Cheers

OK, I found some spare time to add details. At first, Cinemag 2461NiCo is so far away from BV08. It shares just the ratio (6.5:1), the rest it totally different. No chambered bobbins, wire diameter is different, winding count is more than double than BV08 and of course, the lamination alloy is  different than any Neumann's. Also the shape of lams is not UI30/25 :/
But I can't say it's bad transformer, it has plenty of inductance (more than BV08) and it can be used with higher impedance tubes than VF14. Unfortunately it sounds really different and it can't be called clone or upgrade. If U are looking for a BV08 replacement stay away from this little guy ;)

Back