FEELER: Moby´s T14/1 and C12A transformers reincarnations

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a longshot, but any consideration given to the Rohde and Schwartz V2545 used in early C12s?

The two best C12s I ever heard both used this transformer, and as far as I know, nobody makes a current replacement

This is a longshot, but any consideration given to the Rohde and Schwartz V2545 used in early C12s?

The two best C12s I ever heard both used this transformer, and as far as I know, nobody makes a current replacement
Unfortunatelly i have no technical info about the V2545

But, again. If it's enaugh people interested in I can dig it deeper and make it happen ;)
Oh Boy, I definately would be interested!! I‘m quite sure that we have a member with a SM204/C12. Maybe he could provide some Information. I just know, that the transformer was wound with M42 Core. And probably had a Ratio of 9:1.

I'm glad to know that you are interested in. As soon I find some more info about the V2545 we will start the feeler about it. Fingers crossed
If someone has the V2545 available, ready for analyzing, please let me know.

Just a little info for those looking for a t14. After trying all the usual suspects in my 251 clone ( Ami, haufe, cinemag) Mobys is the best sounding to my ears…I think he uses some black magic medieval alchemy in his iron.
Thanks! In some parts of my country it's called "katabaza". (Katabasis). Luckilly I don't do that kind of work but some chemistry is done for sure. So yes, I have some secret recipe for cooking this "little bastards". ;)

Thanks! In some parts of my country it's called "katabaza". (Katabasis). Luckilly I don't do that kind of work but some chemistry is done for sure. So yes, I have some secret recipe for cooking this "little bastards". ;)
Haha…I bet. Well I ain’t asking any questions…it’s dangerous 😊

If the V2545 is unobtainable or otherwise problematic, it would probably be just as useful to have a recreation of the similarly constructed Henry transformers. Either way I am very grateful for the work Moby does in reviving these old transformers.

If the V2545 is unobtainable or otherwise problematic, it would probably be just as useful to have a recreation of the similarly constructed Henry transformers. Either way I am very grateful for the work Moby does in reviving these old transformers.
Thanks. Why do you think that V2545 is unobtainable and problematic?

Got it. It uses long time obsolete crazy M type of laminations and that is the main issue. It will ask for the custom stamp tooI evaluation, but that's nothing new for me ;) I will let you know as soon I examine one specimen.

Latest posts

Back