Trident a range pre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Queef bag

are you talking about the way it goes through the LINE TX direct into the EQ buffer amp??

yeah, in the 2038 there are a couple to-92s and a pair of to-39s before the buffer.

and no pfl buffer

hadn't spent much time on that schemo...
ours showed up with ZERO documentation,
so spare time is used on drawing block diagrams of the
console and schemos of each part.
I should be done by 2020.

hey, have you heard the (rather limited) EQ in the monitor modules?
super simple, and good.  hi and low bands only, but real nice.

not suggesting anything...just sayin'.......

i don't have the monitor module drawn very far yet...
and they are messy hand drawings

that room is booked for another2-3 weeks w/out a break
(Don't cha hate it when that happens?)

i'll see what i can find

Fantastic! I am planning on doing the A range full EQ next any way, ive worked out the inductor values, just need to test my calculations and I'm pretty good to go on that.

But the monitor EQ would be a sweet addition too, soo ill look forward to checking it out.

talk soon

Pete

Grand Master Audio said:
Fantastic! I am planning on doing the A range full EQ next any way, ive worked out the inductor values, just need to test my calculations and I'm pretty good to go on that.

But the monitor EQ would be a sweet addition too, soo ill look forward to checking it out.

talk soon

Pete

cool!  ;D

i would love to have another bucket of 12 on the console for 48 inputs,
but i'm not that freakin' nuts to try it...
or mainly i don't have time to think    about it

building the whole thing would be....lots of work at best.

Hi, are these PCBs available for sale?  I'd like to build a 1U rack of these preamps if that's feasible

Looks like somebody quickly grabbed that schematic on eBay.

Count me in for a pair of these boards. I am very excited that someone has taken on this project. Here's hoping that it is successful and leads to a matching EQ circuit.

I am wondering...Do I need the final stage and the output transformer...It will become expensive with two trafos

Grand Master Audio said:
Hi Chaps,

Indeed i have been working on it, in fact the prototype PCB is on my desk working and sounds HUGE!

I was not going to say any thing just yet but we will have PCB's / and full kits available next month.

Best
Pete

I hope that you'll be ready for a flood of orders....

Very cool!

Latest posts

Back