Tube comp/limiter under development

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CompSpectrum.png

Some specs of the Fairchild-esque comp.

S/N -90.6
THD .464

analag

[quote author="analag"]
Some specs of the Fairchild-esque comp.
S/N -90.6
THD .464
analag[/quote]

Great. Give us the schematic and build info! In private, if you're concerned about it being public...

[quote author="tommypiper"]Great. Give us the schematic and build info! In private, if you're concerned about it being public...[/quote]

The build info involves (5) custom transformers, are you willing to wind them?
The signal to noise ratio is actually better than -90dB. The output was sent through the console mix amp.

S/N -90.6
THD .464

at what output level?
frequency?
with how much gain reduction?
what s/n bandwidth?
specs meaningless without references

i noticed that nyd is usually careful to reference his specs. if youre going to hijack his thread and try to one-up him then you should at least do the same :razz:

[quote author="analag"][quote author="tommypiper"]Great. Give us the schematic and build info! In private, if you're concerned about it being public...[/quote]

The build info involves (5) custom transformers, are you willing to wind them?[/quote]

Yeah... Send me a PM.

[quote author="solder_city"]
S/N -90.6
THD .464

at what output level?
frequency?
with how much gain reduction?
what s/n bandwidth?
specs meaningless without references

i noticed that nyd is usually careful to reference his specs. if youre going to hijack his thread and try to one-up him then you should at least do the same :razz:[/quote]

Who said I was trying to "one-up anybody" do I need to prove anything around here?

[quote author="tommypiper"][quote author="analag"][quote author="tommypiper"]Great. Give us the schematic and build info! In private, if you're concerned about it being public...[/quote]

The build info involves (5) custom transformers, are you willing to wind them?[/quote]

Yeah... Send me a PM.[/quote]

"Yeah... Send me a PM".....Funny guy, I mean that's funny "Boss"

analag

Analag, I'm not trying to be funny. If you don't want to share, that's fine. I'm trying to be discreet instead of asking you post schems here, which I sense you don't want to do. Just seems like you have a great design. You ought to let a few lab members build it.

Anyway, this is NYDave's thread and we shouldn't get too off topic...

So what happened to the tube comp NYD was developing? Is it still under development or has it hit the trash can?

/Anders

[quote author="kvintus"]So what happened to the tube comp NYD was developing? Is it still under development or has it hit the trash can?

/Anders[/quote]

Why would it hit the thrash can, he's not an amateur.

Back