Tube DI Box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May the coming days find you feeling much better! I had COVID again about a month ago, with nasty respiratory symptoms that deteriorated into the onset of pneumonia. The steroids and antibiotics did their job, and they will for you too. Hang in there, my friend; you'll be well soon.

Thank you everyone for you best wishes and kind thoughts. I have just been discharged from hospital. Turns out not only did I have Covid but it had already progressed to the point where it it given me severe pneumonia so it was no wonder I felt so bad. They gave me a steroid for Covid and Doxycycline for pneumonia plus 10 litres/hr of oxygen. Yesterday I was weaned off the oxygen and can now breathe on my own. Regular blood tests mapped the decline in white cell count which shows the pneumonia being tackled. I have three more days to finish the course but they judged me well enough to come home. With the current strain, the Covid problem is not the direct effects of the virus itself (sleepiness, loss of appetite and everything tasting weird), but that fact it so easily lets in other more serious bacteria into the lungs. What really got me was I had the pneumonia jab a few months back but Covid effectively nullified that.

Anyway, I am well an truly back in the land of the living. Laying prone for a few days on your own certainly provides ample opportunity for self appraisal so you won't be surprised to hear the current tube console I am building will be my last. I will continue to provide advice and PCBs to anyone wanting to build their own and you can expect a lot more open source PCBs to become available in the coming months. I will probably have some components and metal work for sale too.

In the meantime let's get on with this Tube DI.

Cheers

Ian

One of the most difficult things I found with Covid was that for a couple of weeks, NOTHING was interesting to read, look at, listen to. I massed up all my favorites to try to joy up, But just had to wait it out.
Glad you are safe and out of health jail, take as good care of yourself as you can!

Latest posts

Back