U47-style bodies - who can make one?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrcase said:
how high should the capsule be fitted?
I have a thiersch and a beezneez capsule. should I use either with the plastic plate or without?
if I use the plastic plate the membrane is partly behind the upper ring of the basket. (dunno how to explain that better...)
Is it supposed to be like that?

If you look at a U47, the capsule is partly behind the upper ring of the headbasket. I mounted my Beesneez capsule on the plate and it sits just like this.

Paul

Yes, this was discussed to the mm before making the final drawings if I remember
-Some of the sound a U47 is from the grill and capsule relationship

Matti

Hi,

as i do not have access to the Orginial: Can someone please point me to a picture, that shows how the "Stahlröhrensockel" is mounted.
The pictures i know only show the socket from the side, where one can see a kind of steel band holding the socket, but the essential detail is missing....

Thanx, Peter

peterh said:
Hi,

as i do not have access to the Orginial: Can someone please point me to a picture, that shows how the "Stahlröhrensockel" is mounted.
The pictures i know only show the socket from the side, where one can see a kind of steel band holding the socket, but the essential detail is missing....

Thanx, Peter

Steel tube socket, right?

What type of tube and socket do you want to use?
Show me a picture, and I can give you some ideas.

In the meantime, something like these are your friend:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=40191.msg497551#msg497551
(I know...I sound like a broken record)

So far, I've been able to use these little bracket to solve all of my tube socket /PCB mounting problems.

Hi Skylar,

thanx, yes i mean a steel Tube like the E/U/VF14, EF12. I know the pics from Jogis site: http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Roehren-Geschichtliches/Neumann-Mikro/U47/U47.htm

the first and third picture (pic 19 & 21) of the opened mic, shows that the socket is mounted using a steel band. But i do not see the details, I picture from a different angle, showing the connection between the band and the socket would clarify.
I want to use an EF12k or an EF14 (not sure yet) and i have a round steel-tube socket. Of course i have ideas who to fix the socket, but i want to know, how Neumann did it....

Cheers, Peter

Hei

I just listened to some music. Than I picked the head basket and put it on my ear !

give it a listen, it"s very interesting !!

nicholas

Finally found some at local hardware store. When I attached the perspex block using the set screws, it was loose. So I went back to the regular screws coming in from the bottom and the head of the screw for my Thiersch mount just sits on top of the heads of those screws - not super elegant, but plenty sturdy.

Best, Ben

guys i just got my beezneez capsule and my mic body is in the mail.  what are you using to mount the capsule to the mic body?  i assume its an M7 lollipop holder thingy i need?

e.oelberg said:
Hei

I just listened to some music. Than I picked the head basket and put it on my ear !

give it a listen, it"s very interesting !!

nicholas
In past 6 months  I found some time to better analyze secrets of U47. Besides Bv-08 mystery (solved), head grill acoustics response is one of the main characters of this legendary mic. Unfortunately slight differences of wire mesh dimensions changes overall acoustics in the range from 2k up to 15khz. ( still in progress but it will be solved)

Hi folks,
Does anyone have spare rails for the equinox body kit?
They're not currently available, and I thought someone out there may have surplus...?
I need up to three pairs. 
Thanks!
Evan
(Australia)

Latest posts

Back