UEFA EURO 2008

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go Holland!

Nice to see you kick some ass again... and again.

Also nice to see young Klaas Huntelaar score for you... I always said they should have had him in the team earlier on. Good player (although the goal was a tap-in) - he went to school with my ex so there is a little connection there, which unavoidably makes the Nederlands my second team.

I'm actually enjoying the fact that we aren't in it!

-T

[quote author="Kit"]
Ibra is king.
:[/quote]

Not anymore :wink:

Someone tell Donadoni to take out Toni and put in some Juve players!

-I want Italy but it looks like the the dutch will take it all the way, or Germany.

Horrible, horrible performance from Sweden.

But it really doenst matter, cause if we had won against the Russians we would have to face Holland in the 1/4 finals. And that would have been the end of the line, anyway.

I think Germany is gonna go all the way.

[quote author="TomWaterman"]Go Holland!

Nice to see you kick some ass again... and again.

Also nice to see young Klaas Huntelaar score for you... I always said they should have had him in the team earlier on. Good player (although the goal was a tap-in) - he went to school with my ex so there is a little connection there, which unavoidably makes the Nederlands my second team.[/quote]
Cool, thanks :thumb:
Klaas H. didn't start too well in that match, using more his hands & arms than legs at first, but it improved...

I'm actually enjoying the fact that we aren't in it!
Uhh ? :roll:

Tomorrow night... Van Basten vs Hiddink, we'll see :grin:

[quote author="clintrubber"]Tomorrow night... Van Basten vs Hiddink, we'll see :grin:[/quote]
OK, let's summarize... the fun lasted for two matches: vs Italy & France... the Oranje-guys played really impressive...

then the 'B-team' won adequately of Romania,

... but tonight against Russia that special something of the first two matches was nowhere to bee seen :cry:

Imho (#1) Russia deserved to win tonight :mad: and (#2) Hiddink shouldn't ever be allowed to step on Dutch soil again :twisted: :wink: :thumb:

Cool, OK, life goes on, let's get the country back to normal here again ....

[quote author="clintrubber"]Hiddink shouldn't ever be allowed to step on Dutch soil again :twisted: :wink: :thumb: [/quote]

Why, he was the best and most successful Dutch guy yesterday. :wink:

No, seriously I was hoping for the Dutch team, but after 10 or 15 minutes into the game I stopped watching, because I knew Russia was going to win. They just were the more active team.

Hiddink shouldn't ever be allowed to step on Dutch soil again

Yes, sorry Peter but Russia were the better team last night.
It's a shame because Holland were playing great in the previous games. They were playing that fantastic style of football, but with good organisation. It seemed as though Van Basten had finally got them playing as a team.
Unfortunately it seems that last night they reverted to that 'play for themselves' attitude that has plagued a lot of Dutch teams in the past:
Van Persie trying to dribble past 4 men, Sneidjer trying to score from 40 yards out etc.

I know it hurts, but you've got to admit Peter that Hiddink has done an amazing job!

So is Russia going to bust up Spain next ??? Could be Russia-Germany final.....

Some great football has been seen, yet strangely every team showing it has been totally inconsistent and also had total duff games.

I'm german, by the way, although it says London on the side here........just hoping that my 'jungs' have two non-duff performances in them yet. Seems like they do better the further that new coach is away from the team! Keep him away, I say! He looks like he's out of either a dodgy perfume advert or a catalouge model. Not well!

[quote author="barclaycon"]
Hiddink shouldn't ever be allowed to step on Dutch soil again

Yes, sorry Peter but Russia were the better team last night.
It's a shame because Holland were playing great in the previous games.

I know it hurts, but you've got to admit Peter that Hiddink has done an amazing job![/quote]
Sure, see my #1 already above, Russia was the better team last Saturday. Obviously Dutch TV is occupied with the 'why & how' these days, but it won't change anything. Please note the emoticons I added to my #2, he's done a great job indeed.

[quote author="karloff70"]So is Russia going to bust up Spain next ??? Could be Russia-Germany final.....[/quote]
Hoping for Spain-Germany here, and the former winning.

Bye,

Peter

So it is going to be Spain - Germany.

Oh boy, Spain was really, really great! But then again, the German players must have saved a lot of energy in yesterday's game... :roll:

Just worried about the presence of the 'perfume-advert coach', as the only good game of football from the german side happened when he was banned. Get the feeling whatever he tells the players cramps their style and when left to their own space they actually let rip and went for it.

They better get loose for sunday...... :guinness:

Just worried about the presence of the 'perfume-advert coach', as the only good game of football from the german side happened when he was banned. Get the feeling whatever he tells the players cramps their style and when left to their own space they actually let rip and went for it.

They better get loose for sunday...... :guinness:

[quote author="Rossi"]So it is going to be Spain - Germany.

Oh boy, Spain was really, really great! But then again, the German players must have saved a lot of energy in yesterday's game... :roll:[/quote]

Judging by the struggle they had so hard in beating Turkish B-squad the other day, it looks like your guys are gonna need a nuclear power station to feed them in order to stop them Spaniards if they play like they did against Russians.

That'll be a tough test.

M.

Agreed. If they play like that again, they'll be deservedly trashed. But then they might just play like they did against Portugal with any luck.....in which case anything could happen. I live in hope.

Spain is the winner!
Great match and Spain showed why they deserved the cup!
Germany was weak! cheers to germans! :thumb:

Can't argue with the outcome. The (lots) better team got the cup. Kind of a good game to watch, but probably much better if not holding a german passport....... :roll:

Good to see the spanish lot revel in it after though, as they worked the whole tournament and got a historical result welldeserved! :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

Yes indeed... Fernando Torres was chasing that ball with as much determination as a terrier going after a rat! :wink:

-He could have given up and not looked bad, but what scored that goal was sheer perseverance.

The german team worked fairly hard, but the Spaniards worked HARDER.

Keith

Latest posts

Back