Universal tube mic psu

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey there,

if you have time..... a few more quextions.

I am using the same transformer as you ( antek ). Which fuse are you using for it? 4A?

Also, how do you wire this transformer up to the psu? Is this right? Pin 1 at the top left component side up.

I am using the white PIN 1 and yellow wire for the PIN 2.

I am using  blue for PIN 3

I am using the green and brown tied together for the PSU earth for PIN 4

I am using  orange for PIN 5

Is that correct?

Many thanks

Michael

Hey!

4A is a way too big fuse. I assume voltage in England is 230VAC and trafo is able to handle 50VA power. This makes 50VA/230V=0,217A so something like 200 to 250mA fuse should be fine. Trafo and caps takes quite big inrush current peak so make sure you have slo-blow (T) fuse.

At the moment I don't have color codes for trafo in my hands but wiring is very staightforward. Please verify color codes from your transformer.
On primary side wire coils serial. Secondary side I've wired two 6,3 outlets serial to archive 12,6VAC to be regulated and filtered down to 6 - 6,3VDC for a filament. These wires are connected to pins 4 and 5. High voltage has three wires: 0V - 100V - 120V. 100V tap is not used to anything so just insulate it. 0V and 120V are connected to pins 1 and 2.

You may want to connect earth from wall outlet along with your case to pin 3. What you really want then also is a switch to make ground lift. Be absolutely sure your safety earth (green/yellow) is connected very well to your case allways.

Cheers,
Paavo

Latest posts

Back