unknown mic capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashkato

a company went bankrupt and there are a lot of these capsules to have .

i dont have any more information than these pics

Attachments

• 22948BBF-CBC0-463A-9ADA-CD855701F632.jpeg
    22948BBF-CBC0-463A-9ADA-CD855701F632.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 6F69214E-604D-44F4-850A-70A79C0929F4.jpeg
    6F69214E-604D-44F4-850A-70A79C0929F4.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 2
  • F1D95E82-B731-4483-814B-D9EF15745682.jpeg
    F1D95E82-B731-4483-814B-D9EF15745682.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 2
it was a startup called „mikme“
about 1000 of these ( as a package) are auctionend during liquidation with a starting bid of 2,5€/capsule.
i don‘t know where they bought them for their inventory , nor what product they wanted to build.

Attachments

• 1B29E126-65B3-420B-B669-EE2445305067.jpeg
    1B29E126-65B3-420B-B669-EE2445305067.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
2500€ for 1000 capsules is a good price IMHO.
How much would that cost directly in China? Can you get such a 1 inch capsule for less than 10€ if you buy 1000 of them? Lets ask @kingkorg (it's like when the chief of police Gorden calls Batmann with the big spotlight).

Last edited:
Does look like a neat idea to have a standalone mic/recorder with an LDC , box looks a bit funny , a more conventional and likely less coloured headgrill might have been better
bluetooth I wouldnt trust , but I guess it could be used just to verify things are working right at the mic end , the actual recording coming off internal memory in the end ,

What about the internal recorder boards ?
They could add great functionality to all kinds of mobile project gear ,

BM-800 style body would have done the job just fine ,
I cant help thinking this product bunked because of the funky box alone ,

Maybe a group buy might not be a bad idea , its a bit of a gamble though without at least having a play around with a working example of the device itself , who knows what the consistancy of the capsules is like either,

Last edited:
Does look like a neat idea to have a standalone mic/recorder with an LDC , box looks a bit funny , a more conventional and likely less coloured headgrill might have been better
bluetooth I wouldnt trust , but I guess it could be used just to verify things are working right at the mic end , the actual recording coming off internal memory in the end ,

What about the internal recorder boards ?
They could add great functionality to all kinds of mobile project gear ,

BM-800 style body would have done the job just fine ,
I cant help thinking this product bunked because of the funky box alone ,

Maybe a group buy might not be a bad idea , its a bit of a gamble though without at least having a play around with a working example of the device itself , who knows what the consistancy of the capsules is like either,
I have a lot of portable digital recorders; going back to my original Zoom H2, the newer H2N, H6, Sound Devices Mix Pre10, an old Marantz PMD...something.
I have thought about how cool it would be if Zoom had a LDC option for their field recorders. But going back to the idea of fitting a recorder into a mic housing, one of the several U47 bodies out there is large enough for maybe an M-S LDC configuration and a recorder, maybe?
A field recorder with a stereo configuration of K89 capsules. That would be pretty cool.

Keep in mind that the 2,50/pc. is a starting price!
Groupbuy? 😅
that auction is pickup only ( 1 hour drive from where i live ) on a specific day , mostly only a few hours .
it’s a huge lot with only a few days to decide what to do with it.
my guess is one would be the only bidder .
it starts at 2k2 plus 20% taxes plus 18% fees .

If ten of us want to spend, say 400 bucks, it's feasible. That would get you 100 capsules each. But who needs that many?

a company went bankrupt and there are a lot of these capsules to have .

i dont have any more information than these pics
It's a generic 32mm capsule used in mics like MXL, TSM+++ Se Electronics uses the ones like this in Se-X1, and sadly Telefunken in AK-47. Most people swap these out for something ''better''.

But who needs that many?
none single, reasonable diy person , of course .
brainstorming a stupid idea :
lets just say 10 +/- persons here get together and buy this lot as inventory .
they come up with an interesting idea how to implement that quite cheap inventory into a product that might sell.
everbody contributes . a remote company .
and if it fails , well , the work you brought in isnt paid , but after all, all you loose is a few hundred bucks.
and not 1.5 million

Latest posts

Back