• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

[Update: GONE!] FREE panel meters: 4 position indicators, 1 voltmeter, 1 ammeter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovypower

Hey Guys,

[QUICK UPDATE] These are all gone now! @mdainsd was the lucky one!

I'm cleaning up here, and have been hoarding these for way too long. So I'm giving these away so long as you pay for paypal + shipping costs. Of course I'm open to a little donation to get me to the post office ;)

Finally, my only real request is that you send me a photo of your completed project which ends up using them :)

I might give favor to forum members who have been around for a long time, and/or Canada/USAusers first, but if you're willing to pay for shipping, be my guest!

These are all I have. I am certain these are worth $100s of dollars.

There is 1 volt meter configured for -10V to +10V. There is 1 ammeter configured for 1mA range. I don't know, but I would assume it is a DC ammeter. Note that the scales printed on the meters are proportional to the 1mA range, and not really 240 amps!

There are also 4 crazy position indicators. Those are the things with the little bars which rotate! Very analog! At one point I found the datasheets online, but I can't help with that. Too busy. Google is your friend!

2 of the position indicators are configured for 24V and the other two for 48V. One cool usage would be to indicate your 24V power and 48V phantom rails in a very creative manner. These are from a high-end Swedish industrial control company and were slated for use in industrial control processes (power plants, railroad control systems, manufacturing, etc).

Note that I am providing these in "AS-IS" condition. I couldn't test them, but I'm pretty sure they are operational since they are in their original box. I did connect an AAA baterry to the +/-10V meter and the needle moved about 1/6th of the way in one direction which is a good sign! Finally, if you do end up with them, please excercise caution whenever dealing with any dangerous voltages!

Some photos!

This shows all 6 items:
DSCN7230.jpg

Followed by some closeups:
DSCN7219.jpg

DSCN7220.jpg

DSCN7221.jpg

DSCN7222.jpg

DSCN7223.jpg

DSCN7224.jpg

DSCN7225.jpg

DSCN7226.jpg

DSCN7227.jpg

DSCN7228.jpg

DSCN7229.jpg

Let me know!

Thanks @okgb for the little bumpity bump :)

We have a winner... @mdainsd! These are on their way to him now via air mail.

For the record, I'm dying to see how these end up getting used. It will definitely be a unique piece... we... want... photos.... hinthint ;)

Thanks and cheers to all others who were interested - this is now a done deal. Cheers!

Remember to change the thread title to sold or spoken , so it can fade away without people accidentally bumping it

Those bar indicators are super cool. These would be cool as power indicators as you had suggested.  Post the results here!

This post really made me smile - one thing I love about this place is the willingness of people to lend a hand and help each other out. Personally the day I found this place my life changed for the better. I am eternally grateful! Thanks GroupDIY! You are a God send!

Back