VEER off "Idea of an simple mic pre."

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say the two Bobs in there do have single syllable forenames ?

Robert Allen Pease
Robert C. Dobkin

It's almost safe to assume the Bob is really a Robert.

Similar for Bill and William. In olde blighty we still call that flower "Stinky Billy", though the official name is "sweet William ", as it was named for William, Duke of Cumberland.

Mustafa S. Lack

images - 2023-06-29T193707.387.jpeg

Robert Allen Pease
Robert C. Dobkin

It's almost safe to assume the Bob is really a Robert.

Similar for Bill and William. In olde blighty we still call that flower "Stinky Billy", though the official name is "sweet William ", as it was named for William, Duke of Cumberland.

Mustafa S. Lack

View attachment 110866

Yes, of course. Speaking as a Robert. I guess the thing is the question relates to how people are generally known.

Thomas Sowell. Yay! :)
The way he speaks, the way he writes and the way he thinks is marvelous. I don't agree 100% with absolutely everything he has to say, but maybe 98%. I have some of his books, The Vision of the Anointed, The Thomas Sowell Reader and Intellectuals and Society.

You can definitely tell the difference by the way how someone writes, between a very smart person who has clarity and has a mind ordered towards truth, and a very smart person who is stupid, or, as Sen. John Kennedy puts it "High-IQ stupid people."

Oh, has that wrist slap been withdrawn? Glad to see the benefits of a broader education being recognised. ;) Everyone should read Thomas Sowell, or at the very least follow his quote account on Twitter. Might be a bit over the heads of the woke and those who favour emotional blub-ins, though.

Not so much "heroes," but people who inspired, motivated, or otherwise influenced my thinking/outlook on life.

Politicians with vision
Thomas Jefferson
Teddy Roosevelt
Dwight Eisenhower

People willing to risk it all for their beliefs
Daniel Morgan
Francis Marion
Patrick Henry
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Military Leaders
George Patton
Dwight Eisenhower

Generous Electronics Gurus
Bob Pease
Jim Williams
Lewis Fitch (EE professor)

Authors
John Steinbeck
Robert Heinlein
Ken Follett
Neal Stephenson
Ferrol Sams

Political/Social Commentators
Thomas Sowell
Benjamin Franklin
Thomas Paine
Ambrose Bierce
William F. Buckley

Companies with inspirational innovation and good management
International Harvester (20s-60s)
AT&T Bell Labs
Fender before Leo left
Tektronix (50s-80s)
Hewlett-Packard (40s up to, but definitely not including Fiorina)
DEC (70s-80s)
SUN (80s-90s)
Silicon Graphics (80s-90s)

And of course my grandparents and parents.

Latest posts

Back