Weird tube to transformer coupling cap question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, ease of layout may be the entire reason. 

It doesn't mean either that it's more astute.

Of course, my point is to argue with the unnecessary eye-rolling earlier.  There's no discussion going on from that stance, or exploration, but mentions of audiophools from people who apparently don't know that these were standard construction methods.  I personally don't care how it gets done, but the lack of interest in historical precedence is kinda dumb, a know-it-all attitude. 

As to the connection to cathode rather than ground, I'm only mentioning the credit given the circuit in the 1930's by the textbooks of the time. They saw it as valid.  If you doubt it, go breadboard some 1930's circuits with parts of the quality they used, and prove them wrong.  Then there can be a nuanced discussion.   

I mean come on, I'm simply pointing out historical precedence for these usages, and that's drawing criticism?!?!

Never f'in' mind. 

I am considering doing a test to see if I can measure or hear a difference. Sure wish I had brought those mics home with me this weeked!

Latest posts

Back