well that's one way to use a u-47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea...I'd be billing to the minute...

Haha good for a laugh though...until you realize their serious. (No offence anyone that likes this kinda music)

nothing that could be done with an SM58 or any other dynamic and get quality results no need to use a 47 on that one was/is my point but yeah no offense to anyone who is into that stuff. I used to engineer a lot of it back in the day  a lot of it could be filed as  ridiculous and time wasting. For example the evening would start off with one person on the mic getting what would be considered a good sound and easily editable if necessary. By the end of the night after many drinks, marijuana blunts and good knows what else, would end up with with more then one person on the mic and your expected to edit out one person because they like what he said but not what the other guy said.  meanwhile it's pointless to explain that you can't because they both were on the same track as they were in the booth at the same time and such. Don't miss that at all.

Every mic has a purpose it might be a BOW BOW BOW or a WHAT WHAT YO YO masterpiece, but every mic has a purpose.

Still... it's an improvement over his usual recording practice...  :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzMMD8fV6Wc

Ah, yes.....soon to be heard rattling all of the sheet metal on automobiles at your local 7-11 convenience store.

Bri

PS...it's bad enough to hear the rattling sheet metal, but I feel kinda sad as all of the "Fu(k the ho" and other adult lyrics roll across the 7-11 parking lot while young children go in and out of the store.  I am NOT a prude, and ahhhh...I am a (ab)user of "adult language"..... but never when children are present.....

At least it's better use than I've seen - a young visiting engineer once used one of our u47's as a door stop "to prevent the door from damaging the guitar feed cable"  :mad:

Jakob E.

gyraf said:
At least it's better use than I've seen - a young visiting engineer once used one of our u47's as a door stop "to prevent the door from damaging the guitar feed cable"  :mad:

Jakob E.

and he's still alive?

warpie said:
gyraf said:

Jakob E.

and he's still alive?
Not if this was at the studios I work for as a tech.  ;)

That is right up there with me coming into the shop one morning and there is a tube mic on the bench and a note saying it doesn't work. so I start as I do any other repair with a nice visual inspection of the equipment. Well the 7 pin XLR male in the mic is missing all the pins except for pin 7, pins 1-6 broken off. Ended up replacing that 7 pin connector and then it was fine. To this day the only thing I can think happened was that the xlr was twisted when it was removed breaking off the pins but that's a guess and no one ever fessed up to breaking it.

Latest posts

Back