what am i missing....?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mich

either something is wrong with the transformer or something is wrong with me....
im feeding a 100mV 1Khz signal into an oep 262a3e (primaries in series-signal on both sides),
on sec. im conecting one side of the windings (in series) to ground.nothing comes out.

should i reference one side of the pri. to ground?

can someone try to iluminate me?

with one side of the pri. to ground- it works ,
but isnt it that when u conect a mic,u have 2 (out of fase with eachother)signals referenced to ground by pin 1 of the conector?

but isnt it that when u conect a mic,u have 2 (out of fase with eachother)signals referenced to ground by pin 1 of the conector?

With a balanced signal like from a microphone you have 2 out of phase signals, but they are not referenced to ground. They are referenced to each other. The ground is only there to provide sheilding, & in the case of a microphone an earth connection to the mic body for safety, & to sheild the workings of the mic.

It is not uncommon when connecting 2 earthed pieces of gear to cut the sheild at the receiving unit, so there is no earth connection between units. The signal is still OK because it is referenced to itself. This helps prevent earth loops but still sheilds the cable from the source. The earth connection should always be there when a cable is used for a microphone.

Latest posts

Back