What can I put together with these trafos cards and mods?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quinnamps

I was fortunate to have acquired a collection of great neve parts and could use some advise about putting it together in a way that will serve me best.
Here is the stuff I have:

Trafos:
LO 1166/A
LI 31267
T 1310

Cards:
B 316 Iss3
B 230 Iss2
BA 283 am
BA 320 Iss1
Ba 320 Iss2

Modules:
1272 (talkback)
2x1272's with no knob

The reason I am asking for direction with using this stuff is because frankly I am not a studio engineer by any stretch of the imagination.
I have used a few dedicated DAW's and I can find my way around a mixer.
I have done some very simple tracking in the past but nothing approaching the levels of competence shown here.
I have done some basic live sound stuff but all in all most of experience has been in playing an instrument and very little in capturing sound.
As for electronics though I can read schematics, and build anything I have ever put my mind to. I repair, restore and build tube amplifiers for guitar.
That said I have no bias against transistors.... waka waka..
I am hoping to put together a modest home studio this year for my own simple pleasures and recording. I can make good sounds and would like to learn the art of recording them too.
So I am confident with a shove in the right direction I can put together something useful with this stuff....the question is what!?

I guess what I am hoping can be done is to put together a few mics pres, solid state and perhaps some tube? Some eq filtering and from there I am open to any and all suggestions.
There is soooo much information here and most of you guys all seem to be very intense and I am having a bit of a time digesting it all.
I'd simply like to slap together a few mic pres, compressor and some eqing and ??? in a modular fashion so it can grow as I learn more about actual recording and find I have bigger needs.
So if you had this stuff laying about and you had my needs but your experience what might you build with it?
What other things will I want once I have a few mic pres?

Thanks for any and all ideas or suggestions.
With regards,
Shad

nevestyvesli31267transfqk3.jpg

dsc00837em1.jpg

you can wire the 31267´s as inputs for mic preamps, and make a 1272 8 channel neve like sidecar / mixer. would be lots of work!

Back