What have you been Doing?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raising two beautiful daughters, the oldest of whom is two, and saying new interesting things every day. I call her from work almost daily. This afternoon she was playing tag with her imaginary friends. She responded to my "hello" with an earnest: "daddy you have to come home so we can play tag."

Other things I'm working on in rare freetime:

• dealing with chronic stomach pain the doctor now thinks is stress-related
  • detailing a house we can't seem to sell
  • starting a music podcast
  • thinking about building the analag mic

Doing lots of things (not enough time to rest).

Designing two new equalisers, a new compressor and a tube colouring device.
Mastering albums. Working on probably one of the least compressed/limited death metal album (probably will obtain www.turnmeup.org certification for it  :) )
Designing (and building) as a design exercise a top of the line audiophile turntable with linear tracking arm.
Making the last steps to start my own audiophile recording label (after many years of preparations).
Taking care for a couple of weeks for one of the most famous French film directors dog  :D

And many other things...

chrissugar

I can't compete with Kato. My X had a 7 year old daughter and we spent plenty of time making dough for pizza. And Mcdonald's playland and all the stuff like that. I miss that! God bless you Kato!!

John

A few years ago I sold a stereo line level tube pre to a DJ dude, and lately his peers have been inquiring. No I will not...it's been 33 years and I will take a break from electronics and a few other things.

Thank you John.
My father had a rare, heart-to-heart with me (as an adult) and said "I regret not spending time with you when you were young. I just wanted to play golf. And the next thing I knew, you were grown." So almost everything selfish can go on the back burner while the kids need me. My friends with teenagers tell me, "enjoy it - they won't want anything to do with you when they're older!" :)

I'm sure you've had a lasting effect on that little girl in ways you can't even know, just by giving her your time.

analag said:
I've been asked to do a track for one of my buddy's upcoming record. Once I start it's just gonna go on and on.

That will be time well spent when you listen back to the recording years from now. Enjoy!

My studio gets hot in the Summer
grin.gif
too many tubes at work. I do see some transformer related stuff in the future. Power and output specifically, let the nickel heads have the input types.

Back