What is this type of transformer chassis mount called (through hole with nut)?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

777funk

This is a Jensen and I like the mounting style. I'm curious what it's called and does anyone else make this?

Attachments

• JT-MB-Series.png
    JT-MB-Series.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 0
At least (high-power) diodes that have a threaded post for mounting are called "stud mount", afaik.

I have a number of TB411 microphone transformers from Sennheiser that use this form factor. There isn't much info on the net and possibly Sennheiser didn't make these.

One TB 411 is a BV2.2-140 (2+2:1) I guess this is a mic input transformer, allowing for a 50 or 200 Ohm input impedance.
Another one is a BV1.2-323 (1+1:5) I guess this is a line output transformer.

They're out of a Philips Pro 12 tape recorder that was ruined by transport. There are two other, completely different transformers on the chassis. I have no idea what these are for. This set was an option, most Pro12s don't have them.

I have a number of TB411 microphone transformers from Sennheiser that use this form factor. There isn't much info on the net and possibly Sennheiser didn't make these.

One TB 411 is a BV2.2-140 (2+2:1) I guess this is a mic input transformer, allowing for a 50 or 200 Ohm input impedance.
Another one is a BV1.2-323 (1+1:5) I guess this is a line output transformer.

They're out of a Philips Pro 12 tape recorder that was ruined by transport. There are two other, completely different transformers on the chassis. I have no idea what these are for. This set was an option, most Pro12s don't have them.
There would be the choke for the bias oscillator and perhaps transformers to feed the record & erase heads?

There would be the choke for the bias oscillator and perhaps transformers to feed the record & erase heads?

I don't think so, as these are optional.

I was misled by a label. The TB411s are the line transformers. There's a third pair I took for chokes that are the mic transformers. Strange construction. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Oh, Yes. Of course. I have the service manuals, but as this is an option, they are not in the schematics, IIRC. But I'll check when I make the pictures.

Latest posts

Back