What to do with the K2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfaholiq

Hello everyone,

I just purchased the K2, probably 20 years later then I should have, but I wanted to get myself something with a bit of colour. It is a boredom really, but ok.

I had many microphones over the years, one of them is the U87 that I loved on other people's voices but not on mine so I sold it recently, AT4047 which I liked, C414, TLM102, LCT 540, and few others , but now I am using the NT1 for the past year or so as in the end it really does not matter.
I know it sounds a bit stupid, but really after testing my microphones I noticed that they the difference between them is huge while singing (typical delusions), however after I listened to my tracks I noticed that they are much more similar. Also, after I treated them with plugins to make them sound the way I want they all sounded basically the same.

So I bought the K2, compared it with the NT1 5th Gen and sure, they sound basically the same. A bit more at around 6khz on K2, but really in a blind test I could barely hear this, so no "colour", no "warmth", nothing actually.
I am thinking of returning it, selling it, or modding it, not sure if this is a good base after all.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back