what would you do if you weren't afraid?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People don't realize but personal failure is mostly self defined, when we decide to give up.

While we can not always will ourselves to win, we can with 100% certainty will ourselves to lose.

JR

Hey John , is that guy in your Icon giving up ? He looks like he has his hands up ! Held up ? waving for help ?

Pucho , got any good answers yet ?

okgb said:
Hey John , is that guy in your Icon giving up ? He looks like he has his hands up ! Held up ? waving for help ?
That picture of me was me standing in front of an array of manometer (SP?) tubes (used to measure pressure). My brother's MIT PHD thesis was about fluid behavior inside a super-sonic nozzle. I was helping him with data collection. He had to run his experiments late at night because it made a lot of noise (you can see me wearing those hearing protection headphones like airport workers wear). Data collection back then was crude, so the pressure readings were captured with a polaroid camera. That was me standing in front of the normal pressure data shot. He also was shooting a laser into the nozzle stream looking at the light scattering to discern information about droplet size. The laser and even polaroid camera were high tech for back in the '60s.

My arms were up just to make a more interesting silhouette.

JR

Starting a business (or going freelance as an audio dude) is a lot more plausible with the Affordable Care Act kicking in. I've thought about that in the recent past but the health insurance part of the puzzle (I'm in my mid-forties, the perfect age to acquire some expensive disease) has dissuaded me from striking out on my own.

Latest posts

Back