Who are we today?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just curious to who we all are now today in this nice little place:

• Studio-owner/engineer interested in DIY for an interesting & cost-effective way to great gear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Studio-owner/engineer interested in DIY for making gear that doesn't exist on the market

• Working Musician with DIY-interests

• Weekend warrior Musician with DIY-interests

• DIY-er who likes to build gear to toy around with at home

• Techhead looking for a subject to build stuff for

• Manufacturer/designer

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Techie-type who gets a little too interested in how things work" would be a good description of myself. These days I'm a shop/IT/misc. guy for a live sound company, but I'm still wrassling a bit with DIY. When I was un(der)employed for a couple years recently I got heavily into microphones and such.

[quote author="Scodiddly"]"Techie-type who gets a little too interested in how things work" would be a good description of myself. These days I'm a shop/IT/misc. guy for a live sound company, but I'm still wrassling a bit with DIY. When I was un(der)employed for a couple years recently I got heavily into microphones and such.[/quote]

I see what you mean. I'm convinced that the Creation Of Technical Interest was a means to keep the number of musicians in this world under control....

[quote author="Lowfreq"]Undiscovered groupie lover.................

Potential has been.............

Lazy Bugger..............[/quote]

Just give me a minute, I'll add these. Wanna vote on all three ? :wink:

Were still pretty small and nothing to be gained by getting big, which is the cool thing.
Just more work for the mods.
Look at the stats when you change rooms.
20 people online, 10 guests, 7 members, 3 mods,
nothing more than a cozy classroom at peak hours.

I think this is what caused the whole dot bomb thing.
Everyone thought that all you needed to do was get a site online and you would become an overnight millionaire becuase everyone in the whole world will see it.
And apparently, this is what the money people believed also.

So don't worry, nobody knows were here but us.
Hell, Eve Anna hasn't even posted here, so we haven't arrived just yet!

Divide our numbers by world population and tell me what you get.

Better use exponents.

Here, I'll lend you a hand.
Here's the denominator:

http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/popclockworld.html

Looks like were bringin in 6 million a month from outer space.
I just don't have that much jam, mon. :razz:

Anybody catch the Kravitz/Smith show?

Well let's see....

I'm a:

EE by training who does industrial control systems for daily bread,

Bass player anytime anywhere any style (heavy on the motown please) by passion,

Audio junkie by association and adiction,

DIY aholic by nature and extension of taking everything apart as a child.

happy to learn from, and share what i know with anyone here at any time. One of these days I hope to learn to communicate with the written word as well as most others here.

Peace - Out
Irv

I'm one of those who answered "Other"; if there had been a category called "Several of the above" that would have described me. Weekend warrior musician, but paid, and I also give lessons. Equipment designer for the fun of it and to use for making recordings, which these days I do less of but teach others to do at a university. Writer for a recording magazine and audioXpress, so I design stuff to be published in the latter, and review stuff in the former. Radio guy, which doesn't have much to do with this except that I designed the phono preamps for our radio studio, and they're still working with almost no repairs fifteen years later.

Like I said, "other".

Peace,
Paul

[quote author="clintrubber"][quote author="Scodiddly"]"Techie-type who gets a little too interested in how things work" would be a good description of myself. These days I'm a shop/IT/misc. guy for a live sound company, but I'm still wrassling a bit with DIY. When I was un(der)employed for a couple years recently I got heavily into microphones and such.[/quote]

I see what you mean. I'm convinced that the Creation Of Technical Interest was a means to keep the number of musicians in this world under control....[/quote]

Oh, I'm definitely a musician also - mainly a bass player, with a fair amount of guitar, vocals, and other stuff.

Back