winding a sort of 2503 type output tranny . . . .

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take 10 of them off your hands!

Lurkers coming out of the woodwork! :green:

Peace,
Al.

the cores and bobbins are on the way but i still need to get a sample and wind one up before buying 1000 dollars worth of wire, so you vultures better cool your jets for a bit, undo the feeding frenzy thing until i proto type one. \

i jsut tried twisting some wire together, because it would be much cheaper. ths would work for one or two units, but it would be a real pain to do for 100 units.
the wire can kink up after twisting etc, so i think we don't want to go that route. plus, the pro wire will come in 4 colors which is cool for hookup.

so, let me slap one together, then if it scopes out, i will open up a black market thingy,

sound reasonable? I thought so.

also, Tommytones just "discovered" 100 transformers, whats up with that?
that needs to get sorted out also.

[quote author="CJ"]so, let me slap one together, then if it scopes out, i will open up a black market thingy,

sound reasonable? I thought so.

also, Tommytones just "discovered" 100 transformers, whats up with that?
that needs to get sorted out also.[/quote]

That both sounds good ! We behave & await the news.

question:

you can save about a penny a foot for just red/green wire instead of four color red/green/blue/clear

and another penny a foot on just one color, 4 strands of red.

so at 85 ft per xfmr, thats about 85 cents per xfmr savings for 2 colors , and 1.70 per xfmr for one color, if you know how to use an ohm meter.

four colors will look really cool until the tape goes on.

let me know.

cj

Well, if I get ten of these things, I could get an 11th one with the $17 savings, so I say cheap out!

Peace,
Al.

Sent a wire sample to LA. Just to make sure I am buiyong the right thing.
SHould order there wire in a week, then just need to but some tape and were done.
Lams are starting to put a bow on my floor, need to offlaod before the next earthquake.

http://www.surplussales.com/Wire-Cable/LitzWire.html

There is some 8 conductor 36 gauge litz on this page for $17 /lb.

Just something I saw, I dunno if its what you are looking for.

Thanks, Brad!
We are looking for quad wire, but there aree some more cool spools of mag wire on that site that I am going to buy!

I am getting the quad twisted from John down at

www.worldwidewire.com

If anybody needs surplus wire, that is another option.

Just sourced the yellow tape,
Some use 3M #92 but the shop down the street uses Permacel P-256 for all you DIY winders out there.

Available from EIS in Fremont,CA for west coast people.
510-438-6100

3M #92 available from
RS Hughes (408) 739-8113
1162 Sonora Ct
Sunnyvale, CA 94086

Will call at the Sunnyval location.
$12.75 for 108 feet. 1 mil poly.

Go for the 3/8"

cj

I scored some lead wire for this project at a garage sale today. The whole spool cost me 5 bucks, so I don't have to add it to the cost. But, you guys have to slice the gray sleeve and pull out the wire.

Four matching pairs is perfect for this xfmr.
Right gauge also.

One less piece of the puzzle to solve.

cj

8_wire.jpg

Latest posts

Back