Woke Madness

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/janicegassam/2020/09/05/trump-bans-diversity-training-claiming-its-divisive-anti-american-propaganda/amp/

Republicans are so woke, they don't need this anymore. I'm just waiting for the cancellation of sexual harassment/sensitivity training in the workplace(after all, it's so divisive for women and men) so I can start smacking women's tail feathers at the water cooler again.

scott2000 said:
Just came across this ...

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=mesus&atb=v186-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DW53LW4kS8RM
I want to feel the way this guy feels. It doesn't seem appropriate. Just selfish with the inability to have empathy. He says he's had his face slammed on the trunk of a car by cops. I missed the lyric where he got shot in the back with no gun. Even stranger, I was informed that this was political propaganda and that my web browsing history would be submitted to a database for clicking on this link. I'm guessing whoever is on the other end is assuming I'm Republican. Weird times.

iturnknobs said:
I want to feel the way this guy feels.

weird...I don't get any warning....if figured duck was neutral...why I linked it....

Yeah...Lots of different takes and people expressing things in their own way....
This guy is pretty controversial...Guess they tried blocking the video at some point if I understood some  thing I watched him talking about....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F123HpzXGX8

If you don't want tracking warnings from DDG, why not post the YT link directly?

I see it a lot,  not only here, that people do not remove tracking identification, but even post Google search links in stead of results. Of course, the trackers appreciate that.

You can remove the tracking code from nearly all URLs by selecting the question mark and everything behind it and deleting it.

Makes for way shorter URLs too...

cyrano said:
You can remove the tracking code from nearly all URLs by selecting the question mark and everything behind it and deleting it.

Makes for way shorter URLs too...

Can you elaborate on this with an example? And what does this do by way of benefits? I tried with the previous duck link but suppose I did it wrong....

Went ahead and changed links to youtube because I guess it really doesn't matter where youtube is involved? It tracks you regardless if I'm understanding?

Thanks

Youtube still tracks you, of course. But you are a Youtube user, so it's to be expected.

The other tracking info is for 3rd parties. And if you are a DDG user, again, it is to be expected. What's not expected by most, is that the data are being sold to aggregators. And these need the extra info, to correlate with the rest of their data pile.

An example from Banggood:

Code:
https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Consumer-Electronics-c-11123.html?bid=11373&from=nav

Clean it up to:

Code:
https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Consumer-Electronics-c-11123.html

That's the page without any tracking. There isn't much tracking in the example, it's just where the visitor came from (from=nav) and how he found the page (bid=11373). Sometimes, the tracking is needed. For instance, if the site you start from gets a few cents for sending people to the merchant's site. With AMazon, Banggood and most others, it also contains info about the visitor. At the very least, the location where the visitor started.

An sich, fairly benign. Until the aggregators combine it with other data. And then it will reveal age, sex, income...

If you have enough data to aggregate, it will also tell the merchant how many kids you have, the age group you and your kids are part of and possibly even phone, address and even SSID.

And the madness continues. Today I read that a Rear Admiral has resigned because, at the end of a Zoom meeting, he stood up and revealed that, over his trousers, he was wearing Union Jack boxer shorts. It was meant to  be humorous in the wake of the Covid pandemic. Apparently some people at the meeting thought it was 'inappropriate' and complained, As a result he resigned. An MOD spokesperson said "The MOD is an open and inclusive employer and we do not tolerate any form of inappropriate behaviour".

What is the world coming to.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
And the madness continues. Today I read that a Rear Admiral has resigned because, at the end of a Zoom meeting, he stood up and revealed that, over his trousers, he was wearing Union Jack boxer shorts. It was meant to  be humorous in the wake of the Covid pandemic. Apparently some people at the meeting thought it was 'inappropriate' and complained, As a result he resigned. An MOD spokesperson said "The MOD is an open and inclusive employer and we do not tolerate any form of inappropriate behaviour".

What is the world coming to.

Cheers

Ian

So a senior member of the military has been held to account over a misjudgement on dress code?  When will the madness end!

I thought that the military was pretty hot on uniform.  I don't find this outcome to be a big surprise.

And for the record, there's no indication that the boxer shorts being Union Jack coloured had anything to do with this (despite the DM's best efforts to suggest that's the case)

I can imagine offices I worked in as a youngster where the same behaviour by a junior admin person would probably result in a written warning.  A more senior person would no doubt receive a more severe punishment because they're meant to have a better sense of judgement.

You didn't mention this bit.  Seems like it could be pertinent

Lowe's wife Lynda, 63, denied claims that her husband thrust his crotch towards the camera during the video call in June.

Senior military personnel accused of thrusting crotch at video camera resigns.  Woke madness.

rob_gould said:
So a senior member of the military has been held to account over a misjudgement on dress code?  When will the madness end!
Who says it was a misjudgement? And called to account? Don't you think the punishment, if one was needed, is just a tad severe.

I cannot imagine anyone wearing the stars and stripes boxer shorts getting this kind of treatment. It is ridiculous.

Prince Harry was once photographed at a party wearing a swastika arm band. Now that IS offensive. What did he get, a mild bollocking. THis kind of witch hunt is beyond a joke.

Cheers

Ian

As far as I can tell, it was reported in only 2 newspapers.  Given the slight difference in wording between the 2 articles, I'll put ten quid on  Ian's source coming from page 11 of today's 'Daily Mail'. 
Did I win anything?

Were  there women present on this Ministry Of Defense zoom meeting? 
Why did he resign if the inquiry was not over?   
Surely he would have been cleared -  That type of  behavior is absolutely appropriate and is perfectly in keeping with  professional conduct when speaking to other members of the MOD.

And since his wife denied he actually thrust his crotch at the camera then that should have settled it yes?

::)

ruffrecords said:
Who says it was a misjudgement? And called to account? Don't you think the punishment, if one was needed, is just a tad severe.

He resigned.  There was no punishment, except self inflicted.  So I'm guessing he realized his joke had backfired.

Winston O'Boogie said:
As far as I can tell, it was reported in only 2 newspapers.  Given the slight difference in wording between the 2 articles, I'll put ten quid on  Ian's source coming from page 11 of today's 'Daily Mail'. 
Did I win anything?

The technical term for that publication is "news rag". It has been in the disinformation business long before the current age of hypercharged lies.

However, far worse than these traditional trash outlets is the false representation spreading online. Looking at realclearpolitics.com , a website that serves as a news aggregator and is frequently cited by legitimate outlets, you find a daily selection of articles from a wide range of sources.

But among the usual reputable outlets and (now) traditional spin media it usually contains several sources that can only be called far-right disinformation. There are several "news sites" which have been put up very recently, often featuring a similar look and unmistakable 'patriotic' brand names with undisclosed and unclear financial backing. The authors can usually be traced to far right-wing circles, think tanks and spin doctors. These 'news articles' are rife with unabashed falsehoods, distortion and more or less naked displays of hate.

It's a look into a dark, parallel universe that exists alongside the utterly bunkers conspiracy stuff like Infowars.

Frightening stuff.

Winston O'Boogie said:
And since his wife denied he actually thrust his crotch at the camera then that should have settled it yes?

::)

Indeed, in a normal world it would have. It is easy to imagine someone standing up to show their patriotic boxer shorts and the action of drawing attention to them being misinterpreted by some woke man haters as 'offensive' So it is quite clear that fear of woke 'reprisals' caused him to be 'advised' that resignation was required.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Indeed, in a normal world it would have. It is easy to imagine someone standing up to show their patriotic boxer shorts and the action of drawing attention to them being misinterpreted by some woke man haters as 'offensive' So it is quite clear that fear of woke 'reprisals' caused him to be 'advised' that resignation was required.

Cheers

Ian

Do you have inside information on this? Where do you get your news, BTW?

Why oh why can't we live in a world where impromptu displays of patriotic boxer shorts are not misinterpreted by man hating killjoys, intent on bringing down civilised society with their wokeness.

Patriotic boxer shorts.

Extraordinary.

rob_gould said:
Why oh why can't we live in a world where impromptu displays of patriotic boxer shorts are not misinterpreted by man hating killjoys, intent on bringing down civilised society with their wokeness.
It may be a small incident in itself, but it is indicative of a growing trend where the slightest misdemeanour is punished out of all proportion as a result of the efforts of a very  vocal minority.

Cheers

Ian

The guy really should have got himself a pair of DT boxers ,  he might have made world news instead and made up some of the shortfall in his pension plan after resigning early as well as leaving the politicians handle the ensuing diplomatic sh!t storm after he'd walked away .

say 'Ahhhhh'  ;D

Attachments

• DT.jpg
    DT.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 3
Tubetec said:
The guy really should have got himself a pair of DT boxers ,  he might have made world news instead and made up some of the shortfall in his pension plan after resigning early as well as leaving the politicians handle the ensuing diplomatic sh!t storm after he'd walked away .

say 'Ahhhhh'  ;D

Yeah. Surely that is no worse than the inflatable  DT turds?

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back