Yet Another Ali Mic Body Thread, This Time a Robust 251

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubSpec

Untalented lurker
GDIY Supporter
I searched and didn't see any discussion of it, so I'm posting it here. I think I'm going to bite. I'm guessing this it pretty new since it hasn't come up here (that I could find) and I've not seen it on any of previous scrolls through this store.

Does anyone have experience with this one?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807631129912.html

ELM-251-microphone-body-audio-productd-DIY-microphone-products.jpg_.jpeg

Looks very pretty, but $200 usd😵‍💫
Yeah, definitely not the typical low cost Ali item. My only justification is that there is really nothing else comparable on the market for much south of a grand. Is it worth it for little more than the look? Probably not, so I'm still on the fence. But if I deduct the $50 or so I would spend on the less robust version I plan to buy anyway, it's only $150 (plus shipping) :|

I messaged to ask if cable is included. I'm sure they won't answer me, and also sure a cable is not included. In the off chance both happen I think that will be enough to persuade me, as any source for Sommer I can find is going to cost me $50 (after shipping) for the length I need anyway.

Back