Yet Another Ali Mic Body Thread, This Time a Robust 251

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubSpec

Untalented lurker
GDIY Supporter
I searched and didn't see any discussion of it, so I'm posting it here. I think I'm going to bite. I'm guessing this it pretty new since it hasn't come up here (that I could find) and I've not seen it on any of previous scrolls through this store.

Does anyone have experience with this one?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807631129912.html

ELM-251-microphone-body-audio-productd-DIY-microphone-products.jpg_.jpeg

Looks very pretty, but $200 usd😵‍💫
Yeah, definitely not the typical low cost Ali item. My only justification is that there is really nothing else comparable on the market for much south of a grand. Is it worth it for little more than the look? Probably not, so I'm still on the fence. But if I deduct the $50 or so I would spend on the less robust version I plan to buy anyway, it's only $150 (plus shipping) :|

I messaged to ask if cable is included. I'm sure they won't answer me, and also sure a cable is not included. In the off chance both happen I think that will be enough to persuade me, as any source for Sommer I can find is going to cost me $50 (after shipping) for the length I need anyway.

Not available in The Netherlands.
By the way: I don't see a switch. Only a metal strip with the pattern symbols.
I don't see how the swivel mount attaches to the microphone body, you can just see the rails on de sides.
The locking ring is separate, I suppose it will get lost very soon...

swivel.jpg

Last edited:
Importantly, this is the store behind the venerable HL-95 and a range of other products that many here have had good experience with.

Going to All Products and sorting by newest shows that this is the newest product of the bunch, alongside what appears to be a complete (including structures for the body and capsule) u87 body.

If I were to guess for some reason shipping options made it live for the US before they have elsewhere, but I'd bet they'll be available soon. Hopefully so.

Here's that 87 (also not cheap):

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807592342089.html

Back