Feeler: Chinese K47/CK12 Capsule Groupbuy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Order when we reach minimum quantities, or move ahead with K47 only?

• K47 only

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Wait for CK12

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Don't mind either way

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
lp1000 said:
Hello,
I paid 109.3 CHEF from Paypal I have proof for this amount (L. Pavera = LP1000).

You need to paid paypal fee which is 5.36CHF - to do that, the best way  is to pay with "for friends and family" option - because when you will paid 5.36CHF as you paid before there will be another paypal fee to cover.

BTW how's your pair of Philips 6028? :)

Just went through the order spreadsheet I'd made, as the numbers were a bit off, and found a mistake: the CK12's were charged to everyone at 26.80 instead of 28.80.

The correct pricing with indications for shipping are in post #220: http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=61048.220

I'll cover the difference for now, and we'll add the missing charges onto everyone's shipping totals at the end. If you have no CK12's in your order, there's no change.

My apologies for the confusion!

I cant wait for all of you guys to get these capsules and realize they sound like crap...  ;D ;D ;D Dany B and I will be waiting when you want real capsules!!

BOOM

tskguy said:
I cant wait for all of you guys to get these capsules and realize they sound like crap...  ;D ;D ;D Dany B and I will be waiting when you want real capsules!!

BOOM

What a weak advertising :D :D :D

If i will need a "real" capsule i will buy something professional like Neumann, Thiersh etc. :p

BOOM

Guys, guys, can't we all get along? ? ? ? ? ?    :) :) :) :) :)

First off "crap" is subjective. Second not many people can plop down $445 plus shipping and paypal for a capsule. Third, @in76d I think these guys (tskguy, dany, etc.) are building capsules just as good as the industry. Fourth, @tskguy I know it was a joke but it didn't come off right in a chinese capsule group buy and you might have left a sour taste in peoples mouth about you. I know you are a great guy that makes quality capsules. Fifth, don't forget about Tim and Ben both making incredible work and the inspiration for many people here.

I personally am going to be getting these things to "up" a little some of my cheap mics like the MXL990 but I'm not delusional about what they are. Is it better than paying $120 at "the other place" for the same capsule? Sure. I will be supporting Ben Sneezby with my ELA M 251 and getting his CK12 and that will be my main mic for now. But in the end quality of gear and making good music do not go hand in hand all the time. Many people start to worry that if they don't get capsule X or preamp Y that they can't make music that sounds good and I am here to say that is a bunch of bullsh*t. There are plenty of albums out there that are making the rounds on the radio and top 40 recorded with cheap stuff including chinese mics with cheap chinese capsules. I was just hearing an interview with a very well know producer talking about how many times he has used his MXL990 on hit records. I think a lot of it comes from companies using people's fears and insecurities to over-inflate their product prices and over-hype them. I also feel that a little bit of that came off in that comment although I saw it for the joke that it was. In the end this is a great community that caters to many people including the ones that can and can't afford a premium capsule so lets keep it positive!  ;)

oh, yeah.... BOOM  :p

tskguy said:

BOOM

Unless they don't reproduce sound, they ARE real capsules. And since thousands of microphones have been built with the same or similar components by well-respected companies, it's an absurd claim to make that they aren't acceptable for hobbyists.

Your capsules cost ten to twenty times what the group buy capsules cost ... you're literally selling to a completely different customer for a  completely different type of product, and many people use the capsules like those in the group buy to test a microphone before they drop something like your capsule in.

Coming into the group buy thread to tear down something else, and other adults who know how to make decisions for themselves and decided to buy a different product, doesn't make you look good, and if you want the honest truth even though one of your capsules on my "save up to buy" list your post did leave a sour taste in my mouth.

tl;dr: Chill out, dude.

ding said:
Guys, guys, can't we all get along? ? ? ? ? ?    :) :) :) :) :)

First off "crap" is subjective. Second not many people can plop down $445 plus shipping and paypal for a capsule. Third, @in76d I think these guys (tskguy, dany, etc.) are building capsules just as good as the industry. Fourth, @tskguy I know it was a joke but it didn't come off right in a chinese capsule group buy and you might have left a sour taste in peoples mouth about you. I know you are a great guy that makes quality capsules. Fifth, don't forget about Tim and Ben both making incredible work and the inspiration for many people here.

I only make similar style of reply for a joke :)

To be honest, i  don't care about tskguy (or any other mentioned - except Tim Campbell) quality builds, because this is not my target at all.
If i need spend more than 300$ for a capsule i need to choose something which will be known in my local market- yes, from commercial point of view.  I doesn't matter if it will be 300$ or 1000$.

Let see i wrote, that i got Heiserman capsule in some good microphone - i believe that someone ask me - hey does this guy from "breaking bad" now's making capsules not meth?  :D :D :D

And now seriously!

I keep fingers crossed for  others for they work and all the effort, but if you guys want to be professionalists - behave like the pros.

I don't see here Mr Siegfried Thiersch writing that something sounds like crap.
Or are you here Mr Thiersh? :D

I believe that at least 70% of eighty group buyers knows what they dealing with.
I know these capsules very well.

tskguy said:

BOOM

I'm sure this is all in fun.  No need for everyone to flip. :)

Thank you Banzai for coordinating this and everything - Very much appreciated! Please advise about any additional charges for the CK12's when you are ready.

I'll just say that I've got capsules and transformers in a wide variety of mic's from a diverse set of sources including tskguy, Ben, Thiersch, Tim, and even some original Dale M7's and C37's - AMI, ioaudio, Cinemag, etc... Plus some china specials like these (not to mention the loads of donor K67 / leftovers)... I really need to get some of Dany's to be more complete all around and I will soon! I don't do mic shootouts :)

All of these are very personal mic's that I use regularly in demanding situations and they are all unique and high quality - I never thought I would have this mic collection but I can guarantee you that it kicks ass from all sides :)

Cheers to all who have added to the pool of knowledge and resources!
-jonathan

These are from forfeited orders, i guess?

Edit: After looking at the numbers, i guess these are just "padding" to get the quantities up to round figures (300 K47's & 200 CK12's) :p

I haven't given up on mine, it's just that business has been a bit slow and some cash-flow got delayed. But i'll most definitely take care of the payment in the next week or two! :)

4x CK12 + 4x K47 = 225,20CHF, right?

Banzai said:
On a more pleasant note:

31x K47
34x CK12

These pieces are available to add to existing orders, or for anyone who'd still like to join the groupbuy.

For an even nicer ring, they could've offered something like "buy 400, get 100 free" or something ;D

Wow that got a reaction!!! ;D

Sorry if I offended anyone....

So first off Dany B aka Poctop had nothing to do with my previous comments!  I just included him without his permission because I respect and admire the work he does...

The words were mine and mine alone!!

Few things.. It's very rare for me to post or "advertise" because any post I make is often accused as such. 
The tongue-in-cheek with undertones of frustration post  was only meant to make you guys think.  And it did!! Wow  :-[
And please if you can afford a real Neumann 47 or AKG ck12
I fully indorse it!! They sound amazing..
So relax and enjoy your new mic's once they are built! 

tskguy said:
Wow that got a reaction!!! ;D

Sorry if I offended anyone....

So first off Dany B aka Poctop had nothing to do with my previous comments!  I just included him without his permission because I respect and admire the work he does...

The words were mine and mine alone!!

Few things.. It's very rare for me to post or "advertise" because any post I make is often accused as such. 
The tongue-in-cheek with undertones of frustration post  was only meant to make you guys think.  And it did!! Wow  :-[
And please if you can afford a real Neumann 47 or AKG ck12
I fully indorse it!! They sound amazing..
So relax and enjoy your new mic's once they are built!

It's allright. Since you sells things, people here are all susceotible to be your customer ir refered some other peoples to you. In such mind, my only advice is to be carefull at what you say. Focus on making great capsule, helping peoples, but you'd be better off to keep you're own personnal thought for you,  :) so no bad feeling about you from other guys and some more great business

BTW how's your pair of Philips 6028? :)
[/quote]

Yes, I have a couple 408a yet at home, waiting for my free time in a century. It will make a fine equivalent U47 ...

Latest posts

Back